This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just started taking Triphala extract capsules

After seeing the relief Subashli got from using Triphala Grit, I decided to give triphala a try and figured I'd document my results as I go here, but 1st heres my experience dealing with dry eye.

February of 2011 I got an eye infection. It was nothing new to me I'd had them a few times before over the years, normally from not cleaning and/or even removing my contacts often enough. Normally I'd just take them out for a few days and everything would return to normal. So I did just that, only now my eyes stayed red so I left my contacts out for a week. After reinserting them the eye infection returned after a couple days. Took them back out and waited another 2 weeks before using contacts again, and again after using contacts again the infection came back after 3 days.

I started studying what would cause a recurring infection like this and initially figured I had chlamydia. I took some left over erythromyacin, which didnt clear it up, then went to the doctor who also thought my prognosis may be correct, he gave me a shot of penicillin and a week course of Doxycyclene. Still it didnt clear up.

I continued researching and made a list of all the potential causes and finally on my 3rd trip to the eye doctor she diagnosed me with blepharitis and recommended lid scrubs and warm compresses, said it would probably never go away etc. No other advice or help. Since then I've seen the eye doc a couple more times and have never been able to get any other help or direction.

My eyes haven't been that terrible, I just can't wear my contacts normally anymore, and my eyes are pretty red all the time (and I completely despise glasses). Other than that my lids feel sore at the margins sometimes, are slightly swollen, and my eyes feel very warm and slightly dry most of the time and I also get eye dandruff and an increase in thick mucus when waking up after a bad eye day or after using compresses.. Luckily I havent had much pain associated with this.

For about 8 months I didnt wear my contacts at all. For the last couple months I've been wearing them for a few hours when I go out to party on the weekends. The only symptom I've had from this is after a couple nights of using my contacts I'll have a little eye dandruff and more mucus.

I searched all over indian grocery stores for Triphala Grit to no avail, but finally yesterday I found Triphala extract capsules at "The Vitamin Shop". I took them at 5:00 last night, 2 hours later I noticed my eyes watering a lot. Then this morning I woke up to a ton of eye dandruff. I havent had eye dandruff mid week in months, and never this much. As I said before normally only after using hot compresses or after a particularly bad day with my eyes, or after wearing my contacts do I get eye dandruff. Also my eyes don't feel hot today, they're really comfortable. There is no reduction in the redness at this point though.

I'm not sure that it's helping, The eye dandruff could be a good or a bad thing, I just wanted to get the thread started to document my progress.

Thanks so much....

for trying this and documenting your progress. I've considered trying it but would love to hear about others experiences with it first. I look forward to your posts and wish you luck!

Comment

What is it?

Comment

Day 2 I woke again with tons of eye dandruff. I haven't had any eye discomfort at all, except for maybe 10 mins last night both of my contacts bothered me slightly at the same time, kinda odd. My eyes still feel great, but they are still just as red, maybe even a little moreso, but that may be more from partying all night last night than from the Triphala.

I always thought the increase in eye dandruff after using compresses was a sign that they were making the problem worse, they would also increase the soreness of my eyelid margins. Now I'm thinking that they did help with tear flow and the dandruff is just an increase in tears drying. Maybe I'm not closing my lids properly and thats why it ends up all over my face?

Tanner: It's a mixture of indian herbs which is touted as helping all kinds of ailments, normally a red flag to me that something is BS, but i decided to give it a try anyways. Heres the thread that got me interested in it: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?16214

Alison: Thanks for the well wishes, Im pretty happy with the results so far.

Comment

Working...
        X