X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet...psychological?

Hi everyone!
    I recently just went to the gastrointerolosist <sp? and was told that my heart rate was slow and my growth was getting out of balance and below average. She wanted me to eat more protein. She also said I lost alot of weight ( and im already stick thin to begin with..) I've been on a very healthy diet for weeks now with mostly fruits veggies and oats etc. (not terribly strict though..i have a couple sweets every now and then) She basically said my health was suffering from it and I needed fat in my diet along with protein.
    I've been doing this diet for many reasons: high cholesterol, general overall health paranoia, eye issues, tiredness, etc.. But as for eyes.. being that they do feel slightly better, could it alll just be psychological and my brain knows its not getting junk so my conditions heal a bit because of me just thinking that way because my condition is brought on psychologically by stress? <make sense? :/ ...anyway i have been getting waaayyy too caught up and paranoid in eating well and depriving myself. I feel like this is no way to live. I have so much anxiety about it!! Should i just have sweets in moderation and still eat well??? have to add more fat in my diet so I'm going to be adding more sugar too. I will keep posted on how my eyes are and other conditions as well....

Years ago, I was eating no fat and weighed 97 pounds. I was too thin, and it messed with everything: hormones, heart rate, and thinking ability. I had a dry mouth and dry eyes. When I gained a little weight and ate a well balanced diet, the dryness went away and so did the other problems, but it took awhile. Fat is very important in moderation and type, and so is maintaining a healthy body weight. I have been there. Good luck to you, and take care.

Comment

I understand that protein is needed for growth and repair. Protein is also good to help with glucose metabolism. . . eating some protein when eating a sugary food helps to keep blood sugar levels stable. I think that eating a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates, healthy protein, and good fats is essential for health in general. I would try not to get too anxious about what to eat. . . . it sounds like you already have a pretty healthy diet, avoiding foods that are white and processed.

I think our minds are capable of fulfilling what it is we believe. My naturopathic doctor said that she figures it is our deeply held beliefs that largely affect how our bodies respond to what happens to them. . . More and more books are being written on the connection between mind and body.

Comment

Good dietary oils

Science News - oils are needed to access nutrients in foods
        Here's why we have to be careful thinking about low-fat diet as not excluding the helpful oils.

Good oils are needed to metabolise fat-soluble nutrients like carotenoids - compounds such as lutein, lycopene, beta-carotene and zeaxanthin.
        Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
        X