Had enough of supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had enough of supplements

I decided I've had enough of supplements (omega3, vitamins, primrose oils etc). I don't know if they help, and to be honest I am starting to feel the same way about them as Danny_. I think I'll give them up and see if it makes any difference. Maybe they work for other people, but not me. I'm just gonna try eating more healthy and get more exercise, something I've neglected recently.

i dont know if that will work but its worth a try...but for me, i'm aged 23 and do exercise regularly, and take along side it, supplements, but i don't feel that exercise will help drastically the problem....
    yeah, its true exercise is VERY good to do, and does help your metabolism be more efficient and stronger...but for me, even before having dryeye, i played a lot of basketball, running, etc and still got the dry eye!!
    but exercise protect you against a lot of other thing....

well, if it does work for you (not taking supplement), tell me, and i may try it !

but, hey, what supplement do you take for not having any effect?
    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Well despite what I said earlier, I really think that the pharmaceutical grade fish oils I am taking recently are making a difference (I used to take flax seed oils from a health food shop for months before without noticing much).

On the other hand I also changed my diet to be more balanced so that may be having some effect, though I really think the fish oils are helping most. But because the pharmaceutical oils are more expensive, I was not sure whether I was I wanted to carry on with them. But I think I will get about 3 months supply and see how it goes. I take 2x1000mg a day, and 180 capsules cost me around £50.

Comment

Originally posted by np1981
        Well despite what I said earlier, I really think that the pharmaceutical grade fish oils I am taking recently are making a difference (I used to take flax seed oils from a health food shop for months before without noticing much).

On the other hand I also changed my diet to be more balanced so that may be having some effect, though I really think the fish oils are helping most. But because the pharmaceutical oils are more expensive, I was not sure whether I was I wanted to carry on with them. But I think I will get about 3 months supply and see how it goes. I take 2x1000mg a day, and 180 capsules cost me around £50.

Where did you get pharmaceutical grade fish oils? I have also not noticed a difference with supplements.

Comment

I tried MorEPA (I still take it).

Comment

One of the Barleans products I picked up recently that I'm going to try is a very high EPA/DHA content fish oil. In two sofgels it has 783mg EPA and 400mg DHA. That's nearly double the Omega 3 content of most fish oils. Not the cheapest product around of course but still reasonable at $25 a month.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
            X