Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hydroeye/primrose oil for dry eyes? my doc says omega 6 bad for dry eye?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydroeye/primrose oil for dry eyes? my doc says omega 6 bad for dry eye?

i have heard of some people using GLA, primrose oil and hydroeye and says it really helps their dryness... whenever i have had asked several eye docs they always say that we dont need more omega 6 and it will just make the dryness worse.. i am always told to stick to omega 3 fish oil---

also i have heard vitamin a 10,000 IU helps--but docs have said that is only in third world countries and that in the states we dont have that difficiency???

does anyone on here use the above (omege 6) and if so does it help with dryness and mgd? i dont want to make my mgd worse but my sjogrens is so bad at times..esp with stress. help..! thanks everyone...
    jenny :0
    Jenny

Yes, my doctor also says Omega 6 is bad. It somehow makes Omega 3 not absorb in our bodies. And the Omega 6 is the stuff we get too much of in junk foods. Hope that helps!

Comment

it does..just seem peoople w/ sjogrens say gla and primrose oil help their dryness..but like u said and waht my doc says is that we get way toomuch in our foods we dont need to supplement with it..thanks for answering...
      Jenny

Comment

For some reason I think Primrose Oil is a better kind of Omega 6 ?? I know it is recommended for hair health and thyroid/hormone health. I have taken 1500 mgs for years.. I also take lots of Omega 3 so I hope it balances out!!

Comment

abby what do u take primrose for? my eye doc said it is just omega 6-that yes we need omega 6 but that there is already too much inall our food..so confusing.. im not sure..
          Jenny

Comment

Jenny..I have Hashimotos thyroid disease and have had episodes of hairloss/hormone issues. I have been taking it for a few years now.

Comment

I have to chime in and mention that Hydroeye has been a godsend for me. Going on almost a year already with it and my eyes have not felt this good in a very long time. Once I hit my late 40s, I began struggling with severely dry and painful eyes. I spent the next few years trying anything and everything...drops, plugs, flax oil, etc. with minimal improvement. I was at my wit's end. When I switched eye doctors, my new ophthalmologist recommended Hydroeye. Given my experience, I was very skeptical that a supplement was all of the sudden going to improve things for me.

I asked a LOT of questions and did a lot of research online. My doctor said Hydroeye works very well for most of his patients and is recommended by many of the top eye doctors in the country.

I wanted to post regarding the negative perception about omega 6s since I had wondered about this myself. I was told that the main ingredient GLA is a omega 6, but is special omega fatty acid that works with the rest of the formula to have anti inflammatory effects. It is definitely different than the omega 6s we get from our diets. In fact, I was told that we apparently can't get really get any GLA from our diets, leaving supplements as the only way to obtain it. (I am not articulating this as well as he did, but that's the gist of it). My doctor said that there is a lot of research around GLA and dry eye showing very good results and the the fact that Hydroeye contains it is one of the reasons it works so much better for dry eye than fish oil, flax and other nutrition products.

My doctor told me at my last visit that there is now a clinical trial out of Baylor university published on the Hydroeye product itself that shows very impressive results and backs up the anti-inflammatory belief about the product. I guess this study is a big deal in the dry eye world and Hydroeye is unique to have this kind of scientific backing. Lots of information about this on the company's website.

I hope this information is helpful to those of you suffering from dry eyes. I definitely recommend giving hydroeye a try and hopefully it will work as well for others as it has for me.

Barb

Comment

I have also been using the HydroEye supplement now for over a year. I have been taking the 4 soft gels per day, spaced out EVERYDAY for this time. I can't tell you that this supplement is the only reason my eyes feel less dry but I do think it helps. I also take 2 tabs of Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, 1 tab Nordic Naturals DHA and 2 tabs 500mgs. Evening Primrose Oil.

Comment

Working...
                X