No announcement yet.

Trying to cut out inflammatory foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know eye_allergy_kids son got much improvemkent (almost cured) only by diet.

Did anyone else who tried a diet get cured or have a impressive improvement?

I would be glad to know what was the result for people on this thread/board.

Like Faith1989 i'm very thin and i'm afraid of losing a weight that I can't. I'm a vegeratian for 16 years, but I eat a lot of wheat and glutem. I intend to saart in the next weeksn a diet as natural as possible: no dairy, no glutem or wheat and only raw food, organic if possible. I think I don't have many other options remaining than trying a improvement by nutrition.

Comment

Hi bakunin,

I know you're informed on nutrition, but keep in mind that a diet devoid of wheat/gluten is low in fiber. So unless you have Celiac Disease, a gluten-free diet can be harmful.

Anyway, if you are going to go gluten-free, please ask your doctor how you can get proper fiber in your diet.

Also, I've read that the top inflammatory foods are sugar, salt, and trans fats.

All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
        Hi bakunin,

I know you're informed on nutrition, but keep in mind that a diet devoid of wheat/gluten is low in fiber. So unless you have Celiac Disease, a gluten-free diet can be harmful.

Anyway, if you are going to go gluten-free, please ask your doctor how you can get proper fiber in your diet.

Also, I've read that the top inflammatory foods are sugar, salt, and trans fats.

All the best.
        Thank you spmcc!

I'm not that informed on nutrition. So any advice is very welcome. Before I start a new diet i will go to a nutritionist.

This site left me confused about anti-inflammatory diet: http://www.inflammationfactor.com/
        The majority of foods are inflammatory . I thought wheat was much more inflammatory than appears there.

Anyway, I need to stay positive on this new trial.

Comment

Dr. Weil has an anti-inflammatory diet pyramid. He's an MD and heads up the integrative medicine center in Arizona. http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/PAG00361...d-pyramid.html
          Trying to avoid all processed food is a challenge, especially high sodium, sugar, artificial sweeteners, alcohol, and high fat foods. I have a sweet tooth so dialing down the sugar with stevia as a substitute has been helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Blinks View Post
            Dr. Weil has an anti-inflammatory diet pyramid. He's an MD and heads up the integrative medicine center in Arizona. http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/PAG00361...d-pyramid.html
            Trying to avoid all processed food is a challenge, especially high sodium, sugar, artificial sweeteners, alcohol, and high fat foods. I have a sweet tooth so dialing down the sugar with stevia as a substitute has been helpful.
            Thanks Blinks!

What makes me a bit pessimistic about anti-inflammatory diet in my case is that I think I already have a anti-inflammatory diet: vegetarian, very few dairy, i don't even have sugar at home; don't drink coffe or alcohol; very few fried foods, and for 7 months I took omega 3, and for the past months i'm drinhking organic green tea caffeine-free. I eat a lot of cookies, crackers and pasta. I'm inclined to blame wheat and gluten, or the chemicals in the processed food... or I have some problem in the digestive system.. or my eyes problem has really nothing to do with nutrition

Comment

Inflammation in the eyes can be caused by these few things

1. Dryness, either lack of meibum Oil from meibomian glands that causes tears to evaporate or Lack of Water from Lacimal glands that causes dryness.

2. Infection in the eyelids Ie; staphylococcus bacteria, streptococcus bacteria, p. acnes bacteria, Malassezia furfur Yeast, demodex folliculorum Mites, or herpes simplex virus.

3. Allergies/Chemical Sensitivities The immune system attacks non harmful substances causing inflammation, Ie. Allergies

4. Auto Immune Disorders, the immune system attacks the lacrimal glands in sjogren's syndrome.

What is the Solution?

Dryness? Artificial Tears, and Jojoba oil for the dry skin....They need to invent Jojoba Oil eye Drops in the future...could solve a lot of problems for MGD suffers.

Infection, This one more complicated. For bacteria, oral tetracycline, For Yeast...No solution at this time, for demodex, no solution at this time, for herpes, no solution at this time. That is in traditional medicine, in naturopathic medicine one can try probiotics, and garlic enteric coated capsules. Also improve the quality of water with out fluoride. However consult your doctor before doing this. As far as Food, Improving nutrition is good One Eye doc said that FISH OIL improves meibomian gland secretions and skin health.

As far as thinking the food that you digest in your intestine has anything to do with the health of your skin. I believe it does! A diet similar to a diabetic which REGULATES blood sugars could really improve skin health. Taking the right vitamins and minerals will improve health too.

Theory states that Fluoride in tap water leads to allergies, chemical sensitivities and auto immune disorders, that combined with harmful gut flora. Which normally is established by proper raw food diet. However due to today's processed, genetically modified foods, and the use of antibiotics and steroids for infections, these things can mess up said flora. Now don't get me wrong, antibiotics are good, and steroids are good in emergency's, but however, they have a negative effect on flora health. To improve flora health through diet try this.

Eat whole raw foods, Eat like a diabetic, regulating blood sugars, improve gut health with probiotics enteric coated for bad bacteria, Improve gut health with enteric coated Garlic capsules for the yeast that is. But if your intent is to change your Diet and improve your intestinal health make sure to drink water without fluoride.

But Before all of this!
              Please! Be sure to ask your local physician for diagnostic test, in particular stool test. Such said test can determine if you need to improve your gut health. Sounds Silly and Crazy, but really your gut really has a lot do do with your skins health I couldn't believe how it was connected but it is. Its weird how your digestive systems heath and what you get from the food you eat can affect the health of the rest of your body.

Speaking of eating right Might be a good time, to inspect what you are putting down the hatch and start reading those Labels on the back of the boxes labeled Ingredients you might be surprised whats in there, some of it won't even sound like food to you :P Maybe time to pay attention to what you are breathing, time to put down that pack of cigarettes maybe even time to check the cleanliness of your bed or your clothes. And yes I said Bed...cuz you use it everyday...Who knows what germs might be lurking on that pillow?! or what said germs might be doing to your eyes every night when you go to sleep on that pillow. Might be time to check even what shampoo you are using?...Is it harming your head? If your head itches after you use it might be time to change to something less artificial. Even the soap you could be using could have something in it that could affect your skin, you would be amazed of all the funny words and ingredients you will learn about in your quest. Some of them you might come to learn that some ingredients that we are using everyday are toxic and then you will be wondering...hmm I wonder why they put that in there?...That don't make any since at all? anyway, Let me know what you all find in your Diet Quests.

Because I believe its what we, Drink, Breathe and use and eat everyday
              that all Said things lead to skin disorders, which is the basis of Dry eye.

Hope this helps...Let me know what you all find in your discoveries.

Comment

Gut cleanning

Hi MeibomianGlandman

in particular stool test. Such said test can determine if you need to improve your gut health. Sounds Silly and Crazy, but really your gut really has a lot do do with your skins health I couldn't believe how it was connected but it is.
                gut cleanning technique is ENIMA and fasting. If you know these two tech properly no need of stool test because all the rubbish in gut, comes out after some time after that I don't think anybody need any tests. Most of the problems vanish. Only thing is should not add any rubbish after cleanning.

If one takes a stool test today and take a test few days after taking enema it will be total different results.
                Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 14-Nov-2012, 21:49.
                Raw eating cures all deceases.
                whole body cure is eye cure
                FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

Originally posted by eye_allergy-kids View Post
                  Hi MeibomianGlandman

gut cleanning technique is ENIMA and fasting. If you know these two tech properly no need of stool test because all the rubbish in gut, comes out after some time after that I don't think anybody need any tests. Most of the problems vanish. Only thing is should not add any rubbish after cleanning.

If one takes a stool test today and take a test few days after taking enema it will be total different results.
                  Hi MeibomianGlandman

eye_allergy_kids,

But the Enema cleans the bowel from the bad and the good bacteria, doesn't it?
                  The stool test is to know how is the flora. Is you do Enema you will not know how it is , which bacterias you need, which are causing harm...

I think stool test is an instrument we have to make a proper diagnosis and help with a proper diet.

Comment

Hi MeibomianGlandman

I have heard from many Experts to, Never Ever do ENIMA's that they can damage the mucosa lining of the intestines, Leave the intestines open for infection. That goes for laxatives too I Used to have I.B.S that is, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I believe I have the cause nailed down, Fluoride in the tap water.

As far as fasting technique, I have never heard about this, Whats this about fasting?

Now you are right about raw foods, Though Food for thought I have heard that Taking whole raw foods and Juicing them is a way to do wonders for your intestinal health and including the rest of your body. They say that juicing retains all the fiber and nutrients of the vegetable or fruit you use, and its easier to get down, for some of you out there who hate eating vegetables. But the catch is you got to drink the juice when its freshly made, Its a good thing to add to your diet when your sick or injured I know it helps A lot, and besides its Tasty, way better than soda.

I know that stool tests diagnostically speaking can tell your doctor a whole host of things as to whats going on with your body! the reason why I stated that its important, because blood diagnostic tests can only go so far. Now if its a skin disorder most of the times dermatologists normally do cultures with a scalpel to figure out whats going on but when the disease in in the eyelids, this test is impossible. The only real way to see if there's a skin problem going on in the eyelids, is to check the gut. Trust me, you would be surprised how the Intestinal health is connected to the skin. I believe it all has to do with blood sugars...regulation of them. I have heard from many Doctors now who are starting to agree with the the studies that have been done about how the intestinal flora is a huge part of the immune system, In fact look up Dr. Oz who has hit on this growing consensus.

Comment

Hi MeibomianGlandman

I have heard from many Experts to, Never Ever do ENIMA's that they can damage the mucosa lining of the intestines, Leave the intestines open for infection. That goes for laxatives too I Used to have I.B.S that is, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, I believe I have the cause nailed down, Fluoride in the tap water.
                      If you ask any allopathy doctor (MD) they will surely never let you to go for enema.If you do that they will lose lot of money...I will recomend only drinking water enema. the liquid you use for enema should be the water you drink. Drinking water enema not going to affect intestinal flora.

read this complete thread and all the links fully you will learn a lot

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...pathy-Ayurveda

Trust me, you would be surprised how the Intestinal health is connected to the skin.
                      I agree with you above quote. But one correction. If intestial health is bad your liver, kidney,pancreas, spleen and all stomach organs get glogged or .. something happens(this gives different systoms for each person for the same problem). then eyes, skin, knee pain all sorts of trouble starts. liver damage creates lot of problems in eye and skin. This why Ayurveda medicine say to take enema first. (may be Chinese medicine also)

For your Irritable Bowel Syndrome take Ash Gourd, Bottle Gourd raw with seeds (remove skin) for three or four days, Enema , avoid all oil food, take lot of raw fruits it will go off. people say Ash Gourd seeds have some % omega 3.

This link gives some idea about enema and fasting.

http://naturalhealthtechniques.com/h...quesenemas.htm

regarding stool test

All tests are to find what is in there but to my knowledge no tests has done to find what causes it. (I wish to remove all the rubbish inside and then to do a stool test) So I nowadays have less beleif in these tests. Once you clean your gut first and then we can add all probiotics stuff. Raw fruits(natural not hybrid) and veges, nuts with no pesticide no fertilisers have more probiotics stuffs. If you take antibacterial drugs you kill all probiotic. Then how can recultivate it?
                      Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 17-Nov-2012, 03:50.
                      Raw eating cures all deceases.
                      whole body cure is eye cure
                      FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

Working...
                      X