Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who takes omega 6 (GLA) for mgd with their fish oil????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who takes omega 6 (GLA) for mgd with their fish oil????

how many of you with mgd take GLA as well as fish oil?????
    the claims on the net are that we need GLA to work with the fish oil. is this true???

thanks to anyone who can respond..i really appreciate it...
    jenny
    Jenny

Dog2012

Yes it is .GLA and magnesium work together to increase tears production .

Comment

I take both flaxseed oil and fish oil. My understanding is that the flaxseed oil has Omega 6 in it. I did notice an improvement in meibum production after adding the flaxseed oil to the fish oil I had been taking for a few years. I wondered why the improvement and this may be the answer.

Comment

i take 800mg magnesium at night but never noticed any help with my eyes... i wonder why my doc is so against me taking omega 6 in the GLA form since its anti inflammatory... can i take any type of GLA and how much should i take??
        Jenny

Comment

Jenny, why is your doc against it? Like Magoo, I take flaxseed oil and I've noticed a definite improvement over taking just fish oils.
          The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

he says because its an omega 6-he is against flax too.. i have been to a lot of docs who are against it and flax and some who are for flax...do u take the flax with the fish oil? i tried flax when this first started 5 years ago but then swithed to fish oil as i didnt feel the flax was helping and again i dont think the doc i went to was for flax.. i guess they all have their opinions.
            Jenny

Comment

suil eile-does the flax help keep your meibomian glands open ??? do you take it with the fish oil?
              Jenny

Comment

I believe that doctors are against the omega 6 in flax because so many people get too much omega 6 in their regular diet. I do not get much in my diet, so I feel safe in taking the flax. I have had doctors say take fish oil only also, but I do believe it is for the reason I just stated. By taking fish oil AND flax there is a better balance between the omega 3 etc., and the omega 6. IMO only.

Comment

magoo -do you follow a mostly mediteranian diet? dont think i spelled it correctly...
                  my doc says omega 6 is found even in fruits and veggies.i guess its the way things are grown.not much we can do about it..

i hope to get more replies on here since i believe most people on here take fish oil or flax or something for their glands!!!thanks for replying.. )) i appreciate it somuch!
                  Jenny

Comment

Flax oil isn't good for man.

Comment

Working...
                    X