Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curcumin and or tumeric ?? for inflammation??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curcumin and or tumeric ?? for inflammation??

has anybody had any luck with these supplements for eye inflammation and dryness??? supp to be an anti inflammatory but i thought maybe someone on here has tried and had good luck?? thanks!
    Jenny

I do take it . I think it helps.

Comment

I have a few thoughts about controlling inflammation:

Oral Tetracyclines (e.g., doxycycline and minocycline):
      Oral tetracyclines inhibit bacterial lipase production. This reduces free fatty acids, which helps to lessen inflammation and symptoms of irritation. In a nutshell, oral tetracyclines make your meibomian oil (meibum) thinner while reducing inflammation of the meibomian glands from the inside of your eye.

Corticosteroid Eye Drops (e.g. Lotemax and Fluorometholone [FML]):
      Corticosteroid eye drops decrease inflammation along the surface of the eye and eyelid. Long term use of these eye drops may result in one or more problems, such as glaucoma or cataracts. In my personal experience I am a much bigger fan of Lotemax over FML. For some unknown reason Lotemax works better for me, although I must admit that as far as I can tell these two drops are supposed to do the exact same thing.

Vitamin and Mineral Supplements:
      With the exception of consuming an omega-3 supplement I am personally not a fan of using a "supplement approach" to dealing with dry eye. I mean absolutely no offence to anyone who swears by this approach, but in my opinion, I think that looking for deficiencies in your vitamin and/or mineral levels is like clutching at straws. I understand that for people who acquired dry eyes as they got older might believe that it's due to hormone changes or the body no longer being able to produce or utilize certain vitamins or minerals, but for what it's worth, I personally think these suggestions are a long shot. I believe that what is more likely is that a trigger event occurred in your life such as getting LASIK, acquiring an eye infection, lagophthalmos, a worsening of rosacea, and so on, and your body never found a way to bounce back from it.

In essence what I'm trying to say is that in my personal opinion, to treat inflammation, you're best to do so with doxycycline, Lotemax, and an omega-3 supplement. This is only my opinion, and I mean absolutely no offence to anyone who disagrees with me. I'm sure there's plenty of people out there who can tell me that "I tried using this vitamin or mineral supplement and I've noticed my inflammation go down because of it", and that's absolutely terrific and perfectly fine by me! Everybody's eyes are different, everybody responds to various treatments in their own unique way, so if something is working for you, keep it up!

My opinion is only my opinion, and you can use it to guide your own opinion, but it's certainly not me calling anyone else right or wrong

Comment

Dog2012 -how much do you take?? do you take it with fish oil? thanks!!!
        Jenny

Comment

Working...
        X