Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we take omega 3 at same time as doxycycline?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we take omega 3 at same time as doxycycline?

Hi,

I am experimenting with upping my dose of omega 3 to 6000mg per day. So I take it at breakfast, lunch and dinner...But since I started doing this, I have had a few 'bad eye' days, where I am feeling more dry and burning than usual.

I wondering whether this is a coincidence, or whether maybe taking it at dinner is the problem- since this is also when I take my doxycycline.. Has anyone else felt that omega 3 interferes with doxycycline absorption?

Thank you,

Maria.

Just wanted to add to this- I stopped taking omega 3 at the same time as doxy and have seen my eyes return to how they were before. So I don't think it was the quantity of omega 3 (which I also suspected) that is bothering me, but rather it was in fact interfering with the absorption..

I now take my final dose of omega 3, about 2 hours after doxycycline..

Comment

i take my doxy with no other vitamins or omega 3.. yes 2 hours should be good
      Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
        i take my doxy with no other vitamins or omega 3.. yes 2 hours should be good
        How do you fit in omega 3 twice a day and doxi twice a day if they all have to be taken with a meal to prevent reflux etc? If i start having four meals a day i will need New clothes and aircon in shops is not my friend.

Oh does anyone take vitamin c?
        http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Working...
        X