This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found something that works (READ)

I've been experiencing dry eyes for years and I tried many OTC drops with not much use, until Systain Balance came out which helped a lot. But I started using a mixture of herbs called "Dr. Christopher's eyebright extract" I use the liquid form and I do the eye washes 2-3 times a day and my eyes don't feel dry anymore, I have stopped using all OTC drops. The herb is cheaper than OTC drops and there are many reviews about it online, it has improved my vision as well. For those of you who have lost hope I highly recommend you give this a try. If you have any questions about it I'll be happy to answer anything.

Interesting! Where did you get it, and what do you mean by an "eye wash"? Thanks! Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by kanon View Post
      Interesting! Where did you get it, and what do you mean by an "eye wash"? Thanks! Ashley
      I got it from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Christopher.../dp/B000TQ4D4Y this can be taken orally or externally(eyewash) from what I read you get the best results by doing both, but I've been doing mostly the eyewash. I also got 2 glass eye wash cups these are the ones I got http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0016B9YPO I would get glass ones since you have to put hot water in there and plastic can melt when putting got water in. Initially when you start doing the eyewash your eyes may burn and get red for a few minutes because it has tiny amount of cayenne pepper in it. And start with 1 drop in the eyewash cup and gradually increase it to 3-4 after you get used to it. Feel free to ask me any more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by xpro View Post
        OMG! This is in a base of pure grain alcohol! And it contains cayenne pepper! I can see trying it orally... but in the eyes?!?! Wow. I thought I was brave trying diluted tea tree oil on *closed* lids.

I'm just wondering if you didn't add this ingredient, would using hot/warm water in the eye wash cups be just as effective? It would act like a warm, wet compress expressing the glands. Also is the "relief" from the product due to the eyes watering like crazy because they've been so annoyed by alcohol and cayenne on their surface?

Comment

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
          OMG! This is in a base of pure grain alcohol! And it contains cayenne pepper! I can see trying it orally... but in the eyes?!?! Wow. I thought I was brave trying diluted tea tree oil on *closed* lids.

I'm just wondering if you didn't add this ingredient, would using hot/warm water in the eye wash cups be just as effective? It would act like a warm, wet compress expressing the glands. Also is the "relief" from the product due to the eyes watering like crazy because they've been so annoyed by alcohol and cayenne on their surface?
          The way the eye wash is supposed to be done is like this, you start by boiling water and fill the eye cup with hot water which was boiled and put 1-5 drops in the cup and wait for it to cool down, by the time it has cooled down the alcohol has evaporated. The reason for the alcohol is to keep it sterile. As for the cayenne, I did a lot of research before trying it and from what I read is that its safe for the eyes and you'll get used to it after using it for some time.

Comment

/////////////////////
            Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:23.

Comment

Originally posted by hankm9 View Post
              Be careful as these washes sometimes contain Vasoconstrictors and/or BAK.
              I don't know what BAK is but it does not contain Vasoconstrictors. This extract is pretty much all natural herbs, these are the ingredients: Bayberry Bark, Eyebright Herb, Goldenseal Root, Red Raspberry Leaf & Cayenne Pepper in a base of pure grain alcohol. I think everyone who runs into this thread should research this extract so they can be sure its safe and give it a try, ever since I started using this a few weeks go dry eyes are pretty much a thing of a past for me. Be sure to check the reviews on the amazon link and also Google for them too, you'll be amazed at what this has done to so many people.

Comment

BAK is Benzalkonium Chloride which can cause damage to the cornea if used long term. I don't know if this eyebright herb has it in but if it does I wouldn't use it at all. Might be worth checking the bottle to see what ingredients it has in as the website does not list all it's ingredients only the herabl ones.

Comment

Originally posted by robster View Post
                  BAK is Benzalkonium Chloride which can cause damage to the cornea if used long term. I don't know if this eyebright herb has it in but if it does I wouldn't use it at all. Might be worth checking the bottle to see what ingredients it has in as the website does not list all it's ingredients only the herabl ones.
                  I checked the bottle, it does not contain BAK

Comment

Working...
                  X