Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

please help.. see below website that claims to help dry eyes..

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help.. see below website that claims to help dry eyes..

does this website sound legit http://www.naturaleyecare.com/eye-co...rens-syndrome/

there are a few testimonials..but i know those can be bogus too..has anyone ordered from this site? looks like supplements to take for dry eye?
    Jenny

Jenny
    To be honest I would be a bit wary (my humble opinion only) for several reasons. One of them immediately worries me a little. The Viva drops that they have listed claim to be the only "opthalmic lubricant without preservatives, mercury" etc. Thats not quite accurate, as most of the drops that dry eyer's use are preservative free and hopefully mercury free!!
    Guess they may be trying to help but its more bucks again.
    Lulu x

Comment

thanks Lulu! anybody else have any opinions as i value them..thx
      Jenny

Comment

Jenny,

The site has a lot of information, and has a large range of different types of products (some well known, some not so much). I don't know what kind of feedback you're looking for or about what part of the site or what product. There's not much point generalizing.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca,
          Does this site look legit to you? i hate to waste $ or even worse, harm my eyes? i guess that is what i am asking.. thank you..

sorry i posted the wrong site.. this is the site and the product...

http://www.cataracts-dissolved.com/c...-eye-drops.htm
          Jenny

Comment

Re: the 2nd site you posted - I don't know what to say about the site in general. I think their "NAC Eye Drops Science" page is very weak. Only a couple of studies, and nothing stronger than "shows potential" (as opposed to "is safe and effective for..."). There may be more research around that they just haven't bothered to post though.

I know several people who have used NAC drops for cataracts, with a variety of results (one comes to mind who is a strong believer in the product). I don't know much of anything about cataracts so don't know what to say.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

thanks Rebecca.. i had heard of them helping dry eye from someone-but she may be a seller of them.not sure..thanks.
              Jenny

Comment

I don't see any information at all on that website about using them for dry eye. They do contain glycerine and hypromellose though which are both used in a number of articial tear products.

If I understand correctly their recommended dosage, it looks like >$80 per week for their eyedrops.
                Rebecca Petris
                The Dry Eye Foundation
                dryeyefoundation.org
                800-484-0244

Comment

o wow i tought it was $80 a month! i saw somewhere it said it helped with dryeye.. also someone on the sjogrens.org board said they helped with dryness.. this person was also promoting glyconutrients..???
                  Jenny

Comment

ok the site says this

"Each 5ml bottle should last 30 days at two drops per day or 15 days at four drops per day. A box contains 2 x 5ml bottles; therefore each package can last between 30 and 60 days which represents excellent value for money."

you get 2 bottles for $81.95... so i guess it is over $80.00 per month..still $$$...
                    Jenny

Comment

I see - you're right. However the 'guarantee' page says they recommend a box per week, and boxes are $81.95 each, so it's a little confusing.

Anyway - so far as I can tell - they are not advertised for dry eye and I don't see any useful information on their website about dry eye.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                      X