This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flax Oil

I suffer with MGD. Managing my condition with lid hygiene, drops and Theratears Nutrition capsules has improved things a lot, though I still have a tendency to redness, irritation and a general feeling of dryness some days. Having read on the Dry Eye Zone about others' experiences with various oils to help their conditions, I have been trying it out myself with an additional supplement of 2 teaspooonsful/approx 10ml of flax seed oil each day. I noticed a further improvement within a week of beginning and it has become an essential part of managing my dry eye over the past few months. I wanted to share this and hope it can help others. I wouldn't be without it now as it has improved the comfort and appearance of my eyes. JoolzB

Originally posted by JoolzB View Post
    I suffer with MGD. Managing my condition with lid hygiene, drops and Theratears Nutrition capsules has improved things a lot, though I still have a tendency to redness, irritation and a general feeling of dryness some days. Having read on the Dry Eye Zone about others' experiences with various oils to help their conditions, I have been trying it out myself with an additional supplement of 2 teaspooonsful/approx 10ml of flax seed oil each day. I noticed a further improvement within a week of beginning and it has become an essential part of managing my dry eye over the past few months. I wanted to share this and hope it can help others. I wouldn't be without it now as it has improved the comfort and appearance of my eyes. JoolzB
    Thanks for the tip, any particular brand you use?

Comment

Flax Oil

Originally posted by villfan22 View Post
      Thanks for the tip, any particular brand you use?
      I get mine from the Flax Farm in Sussex, no particular reason for shopping with them, I just found them on line, www.flaxfarm.co.uk and I buy bottles of their cold press linseed (flax) oil.

JoolzB

Comment

I tried taking Flaxseed Oil supplement, I may have had a reaction from it. I can't pinpoint it to Flaxseed - but it has been 9 days since I stopped taking it and the rash around my eyes went away (with the help of very carefully applied Vaseline and dozens of q-tips!). For over a year I ground Flaxseed and stirred it into cereal with no issues. When I got the rash I thought I had overdone the baby shampoo routine, stopped that. I also switched by shampoo, conditioner, and foundation. Two and half months later I finally stopped the Flaxoil and the rash is gone. I'm now putting olive oil on everything I can and I'm trying to eat more fish (ugg!) wish me luck.
        Eileen

Comment

I have tried flaxseed oil before (from Holland and Barrett) and stopped it in the end as not sure what effect it was having. I thought I would try it again and ordered some from www.flaxfarm.co.uk like you mentioned. I've tried that the past few days, so too early to say what effect it is having. I would say though that the stuff from flaxfarm is really tasty! Obviously if you buy expensive stuff straight from source, it should be good quality. The Holland and Barrett flaxseed oil wasn't anywhere near as nice to taste, so that makes me think that the Holland and Barrett stuff isn't the best quality.

Comment

Working...
          X