Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

been eating raw sauerkraut per autoimmune book-ocular rosacea worse?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• been eating raw sauerkraut per autoimmune book-ocular rosacea worse?

isnt sauerkraut one of the things to avoid with rosacea?? i think me eating it (trying to repair my gut per the book 'autoimmune: the cause and the cure" maybe has flared up my eyes.. tehy are red all the time now??

any thought?
    Jenny

Jenny
    We are at the mercy of so much advice out there, and lets face it, when in constant pain you will try anything, or near as damn it. I am entirely sceptical about these "proven" remedies/routines. This is not for want of trying either. I recently did two things that people kept telling me to have a go at, one even emailed me and said that this was the best way of treating dry eyes. I tried MACA powder as there is some evidence that hormonal problems which have an effect on dry eyes can be regulated and thus a beneficial effect on my dry eye. BIG mistake, the MACA powder made me feel awful, bloated, sick , super fast heart beat and a worsening of the dry eye a few days after starting it. Next I tried N-aceltyl cysteine tablets at 650mg, within a few days I developed red lines on my eyelids and severe pain in the eyelid, so stopped the supplement and it went away, started it and it came back, odd. And yes the eyes became dangerously dry and have not responded to any love and care that I am giving them. I am pretty severe anyhow and it has tended to get a lot worse over the last year so apart from starting to get depressed again, I am frustrated when things actively worsen symptoms. Not all alternative stuff does this however, my fish oil is a constant in my regime and I have started taking GLA. Like you I cannot afford for supplements or routines to actively hurt me as I now find myself pretty isolated as a result of the spiralling problem, which I do not attribute to alternative stuff in the long run. Its difficult to really know if years ago when this used to come and go before it stayed and never went so to speak, the things I was doing then actually helped at that time, or like some people have said, its just the wax and wane of it when it first starts.
    I no longer go on strict diets, they dont help me and I know a lot of people whom are not particularly helped by them either. I do mind how much sugar I consume because I have read so much evidence on inflamotory markers and over consumption, which in the western world we do anyhow. But apart from that I eat mega fresh and healthy and dont up the misery with deprivation.
    I know you dont want to stop trying new stuff but if it looks like it is not helping after a while, in my opinion go back to the drawing board.
    Lulu x

Comment

A lot of people find that fermented foods flare up rosacea, so it could very well be that the sauerkraut is flaring you up... bummer... Sounds like it's causing more trouble than it's worth for you?

Comment

Hi Jenny - I have not tried the sauerkraut thing (although I did consider it) but recently tried seabuckthorn oil capsules which have also gotten raves on the board and ended up with a horrible rosacea flare on my face and in my eyes too. I'm with Lola in that I'm no longer going to try the "latest and greatest". I've done the whole low carb, no sugar, no gluten things too for weeks at a time with no difference at all to my eyes. I think that it's wonderful that some of these remedies work for a few people, but from reading this board for several years now, they don't work for most, and if they do, the positive results are very short-lived unfortunately.
        Last edited by alisonW; 03-Oct-2012, 17:13. Reason: typos

Comment

thanks to u all.. great replies...
          i may stop the sauerkraut for seve days and see if the redness goes down cause its def not allergy season.

Lulu i private messaged u!
          Jenny

Comment

why don't you add these techniques in your routine

1)nose cleaning
            after nose cleanning you get lot of mucus which you have to spit not to swallow. If you swallow you get indigestion.

2) drinking water enema twice daily
            after 15 days taking enema only you will know the benefits.

3) sun excersise
            in the morning sun 6am to 9 am you close your eye very gently see the sun (do not open your eyes and see the sun)
            when your eye muscles are relaxed you can see a reddish/yellow or yellowish red colour view in your eyes. just watch that you 5 to 10 minute and wash your eyes this relaxed position only you have to keep your eyes always. this comes with practice. you may get practical guidance on this. remove all sort spectacles contact lens while doing this

the above techniques you can goole and find details.
            Last edited by eye_allergy-kids; 04-Oct-2012, 02:25.
            Raw eating cures all deceases.
            whole body cure is eye cure
            FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

From my understanding it takes anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to repair the gut (sometimes even longer). When you start using probiotics some people notice a flare up of symptoms due to the bad bacteria being killed off and releasing toxins. This can trigger the increased symptoms. How fast did you introduce the probiotics? I think its recommended that you start slowly and build up the dose so the negative effects aren't as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by gormz View Post
                From my understanding it takes anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to repair the gut (sometimes even longer). When you start using probiotics some people notice a flare up of symptoms due to the bad bacteria being killed off and releasing toxins. This can trigger the increased symptoms. How fast did you introduce the probiotics? I think its recommended that you start slowly and build up the dose so the negative effects aren't as bad.
                hi gormz I do not to whom you have asked the question. Any way you get lot of probiotics in natural raw fruits than anything else. It is known that if you go through natural treatment you get lot of curing crises. your body will teach you which is curing crise and not after some time.

eg. if oyu follow natural diet you get cold and cough very often after some time it will vanish. one has to remove all the mucus out of the body due to this cold and cough should spit out someway. not to take antibiotic drugs
                Raw eating cures all deceases.
                whole body cure is eye cure
                FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

Yeah I was thinking the same...hm-m-m possible healing reaction, maybe eat a bit less and build up again

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                    Yeah I was thinking the same...hm-m-m possible healing reaction, maybe eat a bit less and build up again
                    I started taking water kefir (a fermented probiotic) 14 days ago. I had good days in the first 10 days, then I'm having bad days, feel my eyes inflammed even in friendly enviroment. I started with 1 to 2 glasses of kefir in the first 7 days, then started taking 1 liter/day.

I don't suppose I have rosacea (my skin colour is not typical for rosacea). Maybe it is just the "usual" change of bad/good days and weeks and they have nothing to do with kefir.

farmgirl, did you get better after getting worse eating fermented food?

This is interesting:

The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine explains that some probiotics may overstimulate the immune system. It is important that individuals with autoimmune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis exercise caution while using high-dose probiotics, as immune system stimulation may increase arthritic symptoms.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/23...#ixzz2DYsC4Cnj
                    Last edited by bakunin; 29-Nov-2012, 03:53.

Comment

wow.. i just read this article... thank u for posting..i am on doxycyline 100mg day.. been for years.. so i began to take a 30mil probiotic...i have sjogrens..maybe i should skip the probiotic and just stick to sauerkraut?? but i have rosacea too..not sure what flares what!

can anybody help?
                      Jenny

Comment

Working...
                      X