X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 3

Has anyone tried PRN DE?
    http://www.prnomegahealth.com/Your-H...Eye-Health/33/
    My doctor has recommended it for my dry eyes. His receptionist has just started and says its great. I'm just wondering if anyone else has any experience with it.
    Thanks

Does you doctor selling that product in his office ? Just wondering

Comment

Dog-
      This product was for sale at the office where I had my IPL done. Doctor strongly recommended it to me. I said no, as I'm using lovaza (covered by my drug plan) and flax oil (and every other omega 3 I can think of) The last time I was in, I noticed the boxes were all gone. I asked him, he said it wasn't selling well and so let it go. I think you can get good quality omega's for much less money- this seems to me another example of drug/nutrition cos. just preying on us.

Comment

I used it for about a year with no improvement. Super expensive, too, so I switched to TheraTears as recommended by someone here.

Comment

Totally Agree with you along with some doctors. !! What brand Fish oil do you use ?

Originally posted by bunnyrabbit123 View Post
          Dog-
          This product was for sale at the office where I had my IPL done. Doctor strongly recommended it to me. I said no, as I'm using lovaza (covered by my drug plan) and flax oil (and every other omega 3 I can think of) The last time I was in, I noticed the boxes were all gone. I asked him, he said it wasn't selling well and so let it go. I think you can get good quality omega's for much less money- this seems to me another example of drug/nutrition cos. just preying on us.

Comment

Hey Dog,
            I'm using Lovaza- it's the Rx form of fish oil. Not because I think it's really any better than a good quality OTC brand, but right now my drug plan pays for it and I can get 3 bottles from them via mail order for the cost of 1 of any of the better OTC brands. I don't really notice that this or the flax oil (Nature's Bounty brand) I'm also taking has really made a noticeable difference in my situation but I take them anyway.

Comment

good idea..did you ask you doctor to prescribe 3 bottles per month ? What is your co pay ?

Originally posted by bunnyrabbit123 View Post
              Hey Dog,
              I'm using Lovaza- it's the Rx form of fish oil. Not because I think it's really any better than a good quality OTC brand, but right now my drug plan pays for it and I can get 3 bottles from them via mail order for the cost of 1 of any of the better OTC brands. I don't really notice that this or the flax oil (Nature's Bounty brand) I'm also taking has really made a noticeable difference in my situation but I take them anyway.

Comment

Yeah Dog, Make sure to request a 90 day supply before they submit the RX. It costs me 33.00 for 3 bottles and that lasts more than 3 mos actually, The RX is written for 4 caps a day and I usually wind up taking only 2 or 3. I'm also taking 2 caps (1000 iu each of flax) and I can't tolerate any more than that.

Comment

Smart :] Hey if your are guy better not take flax oil..my Doc told me .

Comment

Working...
                  X