X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kefir

Has someone taken Kefir?

It is a probiotic similar to yogurt (is that the name in english?). It is not usually for sale, but donated, by tradition.

A nutritionist has recommended it. I told her what is my case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir

Kefir is like drinking yoghurt, it's been used for hundreds of years in different cultures. The nutritionist recommended it to help improve your digestion since it balances the microflora in your gut.
    Last edited by DCRdryeye; 11-Nov-2012, 03:08.

Comment

LOL..You like to rediscover America ..Kefir in known in Russia 100 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
        Has someone taken Kefir?

It is a probiotic similar to yogurt (is that the name in english?). It is not usually for sale, but donated, by tradition.

A nutritionist has recommended it. I told her what is my case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kefir
        I love kefir! It's very popular in Poland.
        I miss it, I have never seen it in the shops in France.
        And my eyes always feel better when I am in Poland, so maybe it can have some tiny influence

Comment

I love kefir, especially from goat milk. I'm hoping to start making some from sheep's milk after my little ewes have their first lambs next year But it's pretty mainstream these days, I hear it recommended all the time as a probiotic when people are on antibiotics though I just like it as a daily thing for breakfast. We have several really good ones available locally. Trader Joe's has their own nice low price one too.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

I drank my first glass of water kefir yesterday. I was recommended to drink at least one liter/day, after the first 15 days drinking it.

I saw some research that says water kefir is better for inflammation.

I will tell you if I it works (and if doesnt either).

Comment

I was so happy. That was saturday. I thought I was in the path to real, maybe my body reponding for the first time to the inflamation in my eyes. And my eyes were great, (I felt almos like a normal person, my photophobia diminished, etc.
              But unfourtunately today, I didn't wake up with so much mucous secretion (or what ever it is), the redness is almost gone and I'm going back to my severe dry eyes symptoms condition
              Maybe it was part of the "healing crisis" of my body, from the probiotic (kefir) taking. But the question is: will the "healing crisis" heal my eyes???

Is so frustrating when you get better, get a lot of hope your eyes are fixing, and then things move back again. It is really hard to cope with

Comment

Hi Rebecca,
                How do you combine Kefir with fish oil { gives stomach upset} and Doxycycline that works in opposite way ?

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                I love kefir, especially from goat milk. I'm hoping to start making some from sheep's milk after my little ewes have their first lambs next year But it's pretty mainstream these days, I hear it recommended all the time as a probiotic when people are on antibiotics though I just like it as a daily thing for breakfast. We have several really good ones available locally. Trader Joe's has their own nice low price one too.

Comment

Working...
                X