This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internal relief for dry eye

I have found that taking hyaluronic acid has definitely made a huge difference in my chronic dry eyes. I am going through menopause, and I had lasix on both eyes in 2002. I also was told by my optometrist (while living in a desert climate) that my eyes were so dry I had flakes of tissue peeling from my eyes! I could not afford Restasis; so used any and every over the counter eye drop, gel, and nighttime lubricant that I could find.
    Moving to a more humid climate has helped, but I was still quite uncomfortable. I had read about the hyaluronic acid for joints and also saw that it helps lubricate mucus membranes. I thought it would be worth a try. I started taking 50mg. once in the morning and once at bedtime. I think you could take as much as 100mg twice a day safely; but of course be sure to research it before taking it. I no longer need any eye drops of any kind. I feel like I have been healed of all symptoms of my chronic dry eye. I hope this helps others.

Congrats on finding relief for your eyes. What brand of HA are you taking? Thanks!

Comment

I started taking pycnogenol because it's known to increase hyaluronic acid:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...auronic%20acid

I've been on it for three months now, and it's helped more than any other supplement I've taken to treat dry eye.

Comment

can you please add the link to the product you have been using? it sounds great

do you think that it could help with aqueous deficiency which is my problem? Unfortunetly I still don't know the reason behind. Maybe prolonged use of contact lenses, maybe inflammation (RA), who knows

Comment

Hi jojoarr,

I'm really happy to hear that you're feeling better! That's terrific news! Could you do me a small favor? Please post on the forum again in a few weeks, and again in the few months to tell us how you're doing just to make sure you're still doing well. I'm really interested and excited about your story, I hope it has a lasting effect!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinky View Post
            I started taking pycnogenol because it's known to increase hyaluronic acid:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?t...auronic%20acid

I've been on it for three months now, and it's helped more than any other supplement I've taken to treat dry eye.
            That's a new one! I've known about pycnogenol but not about it increasing hyaluronic acid. I guess if you have the time you can find many great things on the net. Pycnogenol can be very expensive, derived from French maritime bark as I remember, but there is an alternative, the same incredient, same plant species and almost DOUBLE the pycnogenol. It's guaranteed same ingredient and effective, because that's the risk you take when you buy these phytonutrients. There's indeed, one company that's dominated the market for so long, and I think is overpriced, of course, I won't mention names here.

May I ask what brand you're using and where you got it Pinky?

I've used hyaluronic eye drops and they really soothe my eyes nicely.

Comment

This is great news, I'm so happy for you! I will be doing some research to see if I should take it too, I would do almost anything to get my tears back. If I could put Restasis, which I refer to now as "that Acid" in my eyes for almost a year, I for sure will give this a try. Thank you for posting possitive results. Please continue to post so we can know how your progressing from here.

Comment

Gunna try that for sure

Comment

I am wondering if grape seed extract would do the same trick ..it is less inexpensive.

Originally posted by Tankie View Post
                  Hi jojoarr,

I'm really happy to hear that you're feeling better! That's terrific news! Could you do me a small favor? Please post on the forum again in a few weeks, and again in the few months to tell us how you're doing just to make sure you're still doing well. I'm really interested and excited about your story, I hope it has a lasting effect!

Comment

It brings a huge smile to my face when I hear people heal. How are you fairing these days jojoarr? BTW i've heard that beta-carotene helps as well. Anyone had any luck with it?

Comment

Working...
                    X