Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Eye Supplement: Hydroeye, TheraTears, BioTears, TheraLife, Flaxseed, Fish Oil etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Eye Supplement: Hydroeye, TheraTears, BioTears, TheraLife, Flaxseed, Fish Oil etc

Has anyone tried any of these Dry Eye Supplements? Hydroeye, TheraTears, BioTears, TheraLife, Flaxseed, Fish Oil etc... I'm on TheraTears, flaxseed fish oil and bio tears for several months and have noticed minimal effect. I'm over 1 year post lasik and still haven't found relief. Thank you all for reading.

Patrick

I was just prescribed the Hydroeye buy my doc. I looked up the ingredients and it contains less Omega 3 than I am currently taking. I do think it has black current oil which I have not tried. My doc told me to stop what I am currently taking and try the Hydroeye for 3 months. On the fence about what to do!

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      I've tried Flax oil, BioTears, and TheraTears Nutrition. Of the three, TheraTears worked best. Last month I started taking liquid supplements which include Omega and essential fatty acids, and this has also helped. As a matter of fact, I rub the vitamins under my eyes and on the eyelids and think it may be helpful in lessening inflammation.

Comment

Hi LaDiva, so do you break the pills and rub the fluid from the TheraTear capsules on the eyelids? Have you found it to be helpful?

Comment

Were you just taking generic omega3s in the past? Can you ever overdose on any of these supplements?

Comment

Hi Patrick,
            The stuff I rub on my lids is made by another company, and not TheraTears. I take 4 TheraTear tablets daily in addition to the EFA. Yes, I think you can overdo with the Omega3s. They thin the blood, and if you are taking anti-coagulants, you need to be careful. I may be getting too much, and am wondering about quitting the TheraTears Nutrition. The second supplement (the eyelid stuff which I also take orally) contains macadamia nut oil, black currant and kukui oils. There are foods that can thin your blood too. Celery is one, so if you are taking lots of Omegas, all of this should be considered. I don't know a lot, just a bit, so hope this is helpful.

Comment

Hi La Diva,

Could give as a link to a supplement you are referring to ?

Originally posted by LaDiva View Post
              Hi Patrick,
              The stuff I rub on my lids is made by another company, and not TheraTears. I take 4 TheraTear tablets daily in addition to the EFA. Yes, I think you can overdo with the Omega3s. They thin the blood, and if you are taking anti-coagulants, you need to be careful. I may be getting too much, and am wondering about quitting the TheraTears Nutrition. The second supplement (the eyelid stuff which I also take orally) contains macadamia nut oil, black currant and kukui oils. There are foods that can thin your blood too. Celery is one, so if you are taking lots of Omegas, all of this should be considered. I don't know a lot, just a bit, so hope this is helpful.

Comment

Hi Dog,
                If Rebecca says OK. Otherwise, I can email you.

Comment

Working...
                X