This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probiotics advice needed

For the last couple of months my right eye(the bad one) has been pretty sore, probably the worst it's been for about 10 months. I was looking into probiotics but don't really know which ones if any would be helpful for dry eye. Any probiotics that I should be looking at?

Any advice from my dry eye peeps is as always greatly appreciated.

i wish i could help you. i take a nightly probiotic-esp since im on doxy long term.. i dont notice any help with my dry eyes.. (( i also tried the live sauerkraut-in fact bought some more today.. i am thinking a tablespoon of that is probably even better than reg probiotics.. i buy mine at the health store cause i get too grosed out to make it!
    Jenny

Comment

Hi Robster,
      Try your local health food store. I use Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics. It works! Did not know until recently that you are supposed to store probiotics in the refrigerator.

Comment

I got loose bowels from probiotics very expensive brand. of course this resulted in more stress and worse eyes . so now i do simple lactose free probiotic yoghurt which is nice and cheaper . Dr said this was fine.
        http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Originally posted by robster View Post
          For the last couple of months my right eye(the bad one) has been pretty sore, probably the worst it's been for about 10 months. I was looking into probiotics but don't really know which ones if any would be helpful for dry eye. Any probiotics that I should be looking at?

Any advice from my dry eye peeps is as always greatly appreciated.
          I think part of my recovery is due to my probiotics. I think the best way to get them is from homemade probiotics. Homemade yogurt and homemade sauerkraut are easy to make and they have way more good bacteria than what youd find in any probiotic. Much much cheaper too.

But if you just want to buy one get one from a reputable company. Dr orhirra I hear is good...as well as biokult. You should also make sure they have billions of bacteria not just millions per serving.
          Last edited by gormz; 17-Jan-2013, 18:47. Reason: added stuff

Comment

Thanks for the replies people I appreciate it.

Comment

My doc prescribed fluconazole. You take one pill a week for 4 weeks. I also take NOW 50 billion probiotic once a day. Since doxy didn't work my doc now has me on minocyclin 100 mg 2/day. It's only been about a week and a half so nothing to report yet. I try to add yogurt to my diet but I just don't like it.

Comment

Hey LaDiva, when you stated that Dr Ohhira's probiotics work, how so?have you noticed increased tears? more oil? I take probiotics daily and haven't noticed anything, I've been on and off so many supplements I'm not sure what works what does and what to do.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
                  I am regular and don't have an upset stomach after drinking juice. No more acid reflux. I don't think they have helped my eyes, but have helped my gut. I am better able to tolerate different foods.

Comment

Ah I see, i was hoping that the probiotics would relieve the dry eyes. I'm glad your gut is doing better. As usual I'm on the hunt for good supplements.

Comment

I forgot to add that I am not having problems with yeast infections due to antibiotics, which was the main reason for taking probiotics. So far so good.

Comment

Working...
                      X