This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tear Osmolality and Whole-Body Hydration

in current IOVS there is article about this subject: http://www.iovs.org/content/54/3.
    Unfortunately neither result nor anything else is accessible (without subscription). But there are more studies over the Internet about this (e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22952120, ....).

I suppose drinking enough water needn't be sufficient. Does anyone know how to increase the whole body hydration in a different way (will try to google myself soon)?

hi kylix i read chia seeds are good for body hydration
    all the best

Comment

Kylix I think whole body hydration can be the key, I did a 6 month accutane course with a high dose 1 year ago. I'm easily dehydrated now, chronic mild dehydration. I think it's the number one factor surrounding my dry eye disease. My ophthalmologist referred me to an endocrinologist to test this exact thing because restasis/steroids have been unresponsive. but I haven't done the tests yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kataklysmkx View Post
        Kylix I think whole body hydration can be the key, I did a 6 month accutane course with a high dose 1 year ago. I'm easily dehydrated now, chronic mild dehydration. I think it's the number one factor surrounding my dry eye disease. My ophthalmologist referred me to an endocrinologist to test this exact thing because restasis/steroids have been unresponsive. but I haven't done the tests yet.
        What are the tests the endocrinologist is doing? Maybe I don't understand - is it a test for chronic mild dehydration?

Comment

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
          What are the tests the endocrinologist is doing? Maybe I don't understand - is it a test for chronic mild dehydration?
          I don't know yet but I was referred because I have trouble staying hydrated now.. I drink an equivalent of 20 8 oz glasses of water a day on average and still feel dehydrated. Couple that with dry eye syndrome and a lot of scleral vascularization and no response to restasis or steroids. Hopefully the endocrinologist can give me a new insight on the problem.

Comment

Working...
          X