No announcement yet.

Fats in our diets effect oestrogen, which effects omega 3 conversion ability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fats in our diets effect oestrogen, which effects omega 3 conversion ability

Very good podcast that talks about how we convert omega 3, and its effect oestrogen (many of us here feel hormones effect our eyes. ) Some information at the end may interest any pregnant lady's or lady's that first experience dry eye during pregnancy. This is not directly about dry eye but I found so many parallels between this and how dry eye manifests itself, it's really worth a listen.https://mobile.twitter.com/EyeGirlfr...44505779556352 (if you don't use Twitter you can find it under BBC radio 4, case files, good fats, bad fats podcasts.
    People have recovered, so can we.
    www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 04:12.

Comment

Wow. I am miserable if I quit taking my Omegas, but the only one that really works for me is TheraTears Nutrition, which is a combo fish & flax oil. I ran out a few weeks ago, and my eyes felt like the Sahara Desert, so they make a huge difference for me. I've tried just plain flax, and just plain fish oil, but the two alone do not help much. Thank you for an interesting link waterbee.

Comment

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 04:12.

Comment

Omega 3 fish oil has been very good for me but it was 2 months before I saw a change and I had to find the right brand,(cheap stuff did nothing) I'm actually now looking at flax seed in a more pure form (not like the tablets I tried before) but the oil itself and I've even sceen flax seed porrage, it's all worth ago. My theory is if certain brands of fish oil didn't help but the higher quality one did, then the same can apply for flax seed. Ether way I need to try it for a few months before I decide if it's effective. By the way, did you know taking your omega 3 with food effects its effectiveness? Much better if taken with something fat based, even if it's just a bit of cheese or mouthful of toast, all these things help.

Comment

I just wanted to update that since I started by fresh cold pressed flax seed oil its made a noticeable difference, I take 4 table spoons every morning but some times I mix it into pasta or have it on toast. I buy it from a flax seed farm direct by mail order, the date its made is always with in weeks of being sold and it can be frozen to prolong its life if I buy it in bulk since postage is pricy. t's been another step in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
            X