This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying Lactoferrin

Lactoferrin has been a subject that many people have mentioned. It seems to come and go on this website. Anyway, I just started taking it 2 days ago. I am going to see where it gets me. I'll keep people posted. I hope other people can try it too so we can get a better idea of what it does.

There have been studies that show the benefits of lactoferrin with TBUT and conjunctivitis. It has been proven to help with inflammation, which is my issue so I'll see where it gets me. My only issue is that I have gone back with punctal plugs and Restasis so those will obviously play a role in any change to my eyes.

Hello BigNate,

Are you taking lactoferrin in a multivitamin or only lactoferrin?

Comment

Only lactoferrin--- I'm taking a lactoferrin supplement manufactured by Jarrow. I'm also taking a multivitamin. Two separate supplements though.

Comment

I've just recently started taking pure Lactoferrin and Vitamin B12 dissolving supplements, and oh my god. The difference in my pain is incredible after 2 days.

Comment

I've been taking it for a few days now but coincidentally have been sick for the past few days so I cannot comment on my experience as said I would.

That's awesome Sylfaen! Hopefully it continues to give good results. Which supplement are you taking?

Comment

Just as an update, my eyes have been feeling better since taking the lactoferrin. It hasn't been a huge change, but a noticeable one nonetheless.

Comment

nice to see that nate, i would also suggest a good dose of vitamin C. With all the dry eye loss of hope i use my logic now, anything that is in the nature is made for humans so for sure omega 3 (fish), vitamin c (fruits) and milk (lactoferrin) would play a major role in human healing or growth.

Comment

I am now quite confident that the lactoferrin has helped me. I will continue to take it.

Dryeye4ever, I take a daily vitamin, which I know has helped me as well!

Comment

I guess I wasnt BS'ing , lactoferrin is good stuff.

`` Lactoferrin is an important immune supporting glycoprotein that is found in breast milk, tears and other body fluids.* One of the biological activities of lactoferrin comes from its powerful ability to bind iron (300 times that of serum transferrin), which promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria.* Moreover, digestion of lactoferrin by gastric pepsin liberates the immune supporting peptide lactoferricin B ``
                  Last edited by dryeye4ever; 10-Aug-2014, 13:03.

Comment

Working...
                  X