Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wich supplements for nerve regenerating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wich supplements for nerve regenerating?

Hello everyone , my plan is to be Flaps lifted in january.

My question is : Which supplements can i take for helping my nerve to regenerate.
    I read that Cyclosporine and Prp does help the nerve to regenerate but omega 3 as well.
    Do you know others supplements?

Plan regime :
    - Cyclosporine 2% ( morning + night )
    - 6 x Platelet Rich Plasma
    - Omega 3 ( DHA) Krill Oil
    - Vitamine B12 ( apparently it help with nerve damages)

There are so many vitamins that can help with healing, specially for eyes. Vitamins B6 and methylfolate are all connected to the remodelling and repairing tissue in the eye, be sure to get plenty of potassium too, a recent (2015) study showed there is a connection to dry eye and potassium deficiency.

Ps methylfolate is just another form of folic acid but study's show the body can use it more efficiently so worth getting insted.
    People have recovered, so can we.
    www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

isnot Methyfolate ( folic acid ) for macular degeneration? Are you sure its for nerve regeneration too?

Comment

I would seriously seek out a doctor who can perform an amniotic membrane transplant on both your eyes. I had unbearable dryness and pain after lasik back in 2011, I triend everything and had some success with probing and tea tree oil but the reults I have had with AMT have been miraculous. No gaurantee it will work but if your desperate enough I would try it. The easiest form of AMT is something called prokera, which is what I had. It is basically an amniotic loaded hard contact you wear for a week. It is super easy for a doctor to order and insert. Im no shill for any company or procedure, but I think Lasik victims in particular shold seek this treatment out if they have terrible dryness. You asked about nerve regeneration, AMT does exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillips55 View Post
          I would seriously seek out a doctor who can perform an amniotic membrane transplant on both your eyes. I had unbearable dryness and pain after lasik back in 2011, I triend everything and had some success with probing and tea tree oil but the reults I have had with AMT have been miraculous. No gaurantee it will work but if your desperate enough I would try it. The easiest form of AMT is something called prokera, which is what I had. It is basically an amniotic loaded hard contact you wear for a week. It is super easy for a doctor to order and insert. Im no shill for any company or procedure, but I think Lasik victims in particular shold seek this treatment out if they have terrible dryness. You asked about nerve regeneration, AMT does exactly that.
          Phillips,

I've been considering Prokera for a while now. In a few brief internet searches I haven't found many reviews or studies regarding Prokera for lasik induced dry eye other than the reviews you've posted. In no way do I suspect you as a shill, and I have a genuine interest in potentially getting the procedure. It seems pretty low risk. However it is expensive and I'd likely be paying out of pocket. So I figured I'd ask you, are you aware of any research or have you had any contact with others who have had some success or improvement with Prokera as you have?

Comment

There is a lot of literature on the effectiveness of ocular amniotic membrane transplants in general I suppose not so much specifically for prokera, what happened in my case was I flew down to Tampa to see Dr. ****** and he suggested AMT transplants which would have been exorbitantly expensive and requires actual surgery. I did my own research after that and actually found out about proCara from a post made by someone here long ago. I then drove down to see Dr. Mac in Chicago who does the prokera and I decided to try it because it was a good halfway step it was far less expensive and invasive than traditional AMT so I gave it a shot. It was about $1000 an eye I but my insurance actually covered it. ProCare certainly has its strengths and weaknesses and I actually am becoming reluctant to keep mentioning it because I do sound like a shill but on the other hand I still stop by on these boards and see so many people still in misery from Lasik that I feel I have to mention AMT. I have been burned by so many procedures like lipiflow that I know what it's like to take another chance on something and risk losing money and time and still being in misery but I lead a normal life now where is before I just wanted to die because my eyes were so awful, there is no guarantee that anything will work such as AMT but I think people have to take that risk and I think while AMT is superior and more comfortable to endure but prokera is a good halfway measure that God willing people may see results from such as I did. I do not work for or get paid to advertise anything I am just a regular guy who did his own research and found something that worked. If you want to PM me I'll be glad to give you more personal information to prove that. But I will keep shouting from the rooftops about AMT to Lasix suffers because I know what kind of living hell it is so I'm willing to risk sounding like some cheap salesman. Sorry about the spelling I wrote this from an iPhone

Comment

What were your symptoms before prokera or even your records Phillips? Whats your symptoms now?Did your eyes were painful?

Comment

Peter,
                I had Chronic dry eyes, couldn't even produce tears when crying. burning, itchiness, discharge, stabbing pain frequent infections, in fact I developed a staph infection in the eyes and eyelids that no caught until I saw dr ******. He had me put antibiotic ointment on the eyelashes for a week. That got rid of the burning.
                Over the course of treating my dry eye I've tried pretty much every therapy and supplement on earth but these are what helped the most
                AMT(prokera) KEEP IT IN AT LEAST A WEEK
                Staph infection treatment(I strongly suggest getting tested)
                tea tree wipes(cliridex from Amazon)
                Probing
                Sleep masks from Rebecca's shop here
                Natures tears eye mist
                Peter also the reason why I strongly suggest prokera is that it is basically a hard contact coated with stem cells that you could easily put in place yourself if it didn't require a prescription. I didn't have make the drive a second time to see Dr. Mack to have the other eye done, my local doctor simply ordered it from the manufacturer and put it in, I presume your from outside the US and I figure prokera is the easiest way to get an AMT Treatment. Your dr would have to contact the company that makes it to see if they ship outside the us. If you do try it KEEP IT IN THE EYE FOR 7 days or until the membrane disolves. I have to warn you in advance though that those 7 days will be hard to get through. The contact is extremely uncomfortable and moves around in the eye so be prepared for it. That's why if I ever have another AMT I would probably opt to have it sutured in instead of prokera. But the results from prokera have simply been astounding, so the week of misery having it was easily worth it

Comment

Last edited by savino; 04-Jun-2017, 07:29.

Comment

If my lasik flap repositioning and prp does not work i will see to have HAMT eu in italy . Its like AMT,but less expensive , its 300 dollars for one month supply , still expensive but buyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillips55 View Post
                      I have to warn you in advance though that those 7 days will be hard to get through. The contact is extremely uncomfortable and moves around in the eye so be prepared for it. That's why if I ever have another AMT I would probably opt to have it sutured in instead of prokera.
                      Phillips, what about comfy alternatives such as Aril, or Ambiodisk or others on youtube?
                      CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by savino View Post
                        What antibiotic did dr ****** prescribe?
                        He gave me 2 ointments one for AM and one for PM, I don't know why the need for 2 different ointments but that's why he is the expert. I took a picture of one of the ointments but I cant seem to upload it but it's bacitracin ophthalmic ointment usp. I don't know the name of the other because I discarded it awhile ago and I cant get my prescription records back that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Minni View Post
                          Phillips, what about comfy alternatives such as Aril, or Ambiodisk or others on youtube?
                          I cant speak to those therapies as I am not familiar with them but the advantage of amt is that it is on the surface of eye 24/7 and the amniotic membrane dissolves into the eye. The problem with drops such as blood serum drops is that any kind of drop doesnt stay in the eye for very long.

Comment

I've never heard of this method, really interesting. Does this work for all dry eye candidates or for specific cases only?
                            People have recovered, so can we.
                            www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

From everything I read amt is used to heal corneal damage to the eye, chemical burns, cuts, erosions. Lasik is basically corneal damage that hasnt healed. I dont think it would be useful for someone that has dry eye from autoimmune disorders or from any non corneal issue. Im not a doctor though so please seek out real professional opinions. Having said that though some people seem to have continual dry eye because they cant break the innflamation cycle, which amt might help with ( i think i learned that from one of the moderators here)

Comment

Working...
                              X