This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 10 Day Experiment

Based on other's experiences, I am going to try to cut out coffee for ten days and replace it with green tea. Now, that may sound easy BUT I am addicted to drinking it. I usually have a coffee in the morning, then bring a large one to work and drink that throughout the day. By the end of the day my eyes are usually very dry and sticky. There are some days I need to stay at work but just can't because of the burning dryness. I read a girl's blog on how she cut out coffee for a week and just drank green tea and her face started out quite red and was bright and clear by the end of the week. Hopefully this will help my eyes...

Hi Faith
    Do your eye really feel bad after drinking coffee?
    It seems does not effect me, even I drink 400cc a day.
    I know many say coffee is bad for dry eye but does it refer to MGD or water problem??
    Coffee contains many healthy stuff too!!!

Any idea? thanks!

Comment

good luck, keep us updated!
      People have recovered, so can we.
      www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Hi Faith. It's definitely worth a try. If the green tea alone does not work, try adding lemon/citrus to the tea since studies have shown this increases the antioxidants the body absorbs to 80% vs. 20% drinking the tea by itself. I didn't see any impact on my eyes until I added lemon juice. If anything, it is good for your overall health. Good luck!

Comment

Hi Faith, did switching from coffee help you at all?

Comment

No it did not. To be honest I gave in early but I don't think it's that big of a trigger for me.

Comment

Working...
            X