This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seabuck thorn oil

Has anyone heard of/tried Omega 7 Seabuck thorn capsules? I came across it in a celebrity interview; she claimed it had really improved her severe dry eye syndrome symptoms. It supposedly contains 'antioxidants, vitamins, essential fatty acids and the entire family of Omegas (3, 6, 9 AND the rare Omega 7)'. It is supposed to be good for the health of mucous membranes, including the eyes. I bought some and have been using it for about a week. It is quite expensive but I will keep on with it - I don't expect it to kick in instantly.

I've been using it for 5 weeks and no difference but then my main problem is aqueous deficiency. Meant to be good for hair and skin as well so I'm going to carry on taking it for another month at least. Expensive though!

Comment

Have been using omega 3 better brain and my eyes look better but still dry.
      started seabuckthorn oil one week or so ago. not much difference yet . about 20$ for month supply .
      I love iherb.com as u can buy most vitamins at great price including nac for $15 which i think helps .
      http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

I don't take sea buckthorn oil but I do take a product made for dry eyes that my doctor recommended (he also formulated it).
        It contains Vitamin A, E, C, B6 plus Black Currant Seed Oil, Omega 3's and Mucin Complex. I take 4 spread out thru the day.
        I think it is helping & have been taking for over one year...afraid to stop at this point! I also take an additional Omega 3 supplement and just added additional DHA supplement because I read this could help with depression.

Comment

There is at least one thread about it.

I think inthe Triumphs section there is someone who get really better taking it.

Comment

I have some, and do not think it made any difference. There is someone in the triumphs section who uses it in conjunction with another supplement. i've tried both, and it didn't help. Good luck. Maybe it will be just the thing for you! I hope so.

Comment

I take it, along with copious amounts of fish oil. It hasn't hurt me but I wouldn't say it's made any marked difference in my eye issues. It's a small pill in comparison to the fish oil though so I've kept it as part of my regimen. I've been taking it for about 3+ months now.

Comment

You might be interested in this study:

Oral Sea Buckthorn Oil Attenuates Tear Film Osmolarity and Symptoms in Individuals with Dry Eye

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/140/...0-c6a3fa912860

Comment

Thank you for all your reponses. I am currently using Ilube eye drops (acetylcysteine, hypromellose) for painful corneal filaments. Unfortunately this product contains the dreaded BAK preservative and there doesn't appear to be a PF alternative. All other drops I use are PF. I have been using the drops for about 3 months. I never use them more than 4 times pd. It has been keeping the filaments at bay, but not clearing them. I can get quite bad flare ups when I try to reduce the drops. Bad flare ups too with stress and lack of sleep. (Recently spent 2 nights in our local hospital A & E with my Alzheimer's father. He broke his wrist in a scuffle with a fellow care home resident!). I have been taking the Sea buckthorn capsules for about 10 days. Usually when I get a flare up it takes about 2 weeks to get under control again but since the SB it has only taken 2-3 days each time. May be wishful thinking but I shall keep on taking them for at least 3 months to give it a reasonable trial. I'd love to throw away the Ilube.

Comment

Hi everyone, are you guys still taking seabuckthorn?

If that's the case, how long and how much have you been taking and what are your results?

I've decided to give it a shot as i've read it's recommended in all types of dryness (mouth, eyes, vaginal etc.) and one particular online friend of mine fellow dry eye sufferer found it great as well.

The recommended dosage is 2k mg/a day which is already quite expensive but she swears upping to 3k has made a world of difference in efficacy.. i'm a bit doubtful to go that route as i already take quite a lot of supplements (let alone the cost arrr).

Anyway i'm into my second week at 2k for the moment, i'll let you guys now in some weeks!

Comment

I've been taking this for a few weeks now, I saw a change in my body with in a few days (especially my mouth which is now never dry!) I was rather hoping for the effect to work in my eyes though, ill stick with it as its early days.
                      People have recovered, so can we.
                      www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Working...
                      X