This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temporary effect of omega-3

I'm taking an enteric omega-3 supplement 3 times a day (with each meal), feels like I get an improvment after a few hours, then it wears off after a few more hours (much quicker effect if it's non-enteric). Does anyone else get this problem?
    prevention is better than cure, but not for eyes?

I don't get any effect at all. Seems to me a solution for you is to combine the enteric with the non-enteric, and repeat the dosage as required.

Comment

Originally posted by justbob View Post
      I'm taking an enteric omega-3 supplement 3 times a day (with each meal), feels like I get an improvment after a few hours, then it wears off after a few more hours (much quicker effect if it's non-enteric). Does anyone else get this problem?
      I've felt such a big difference since I changed to a higher dose fish oil about a month ago, I notice too I seem to get a extra boost about an hour after I've taken them, I thought it might be as I always take them with food and eating gets the salivary glands working which in turn effect the mouth then eyes? Just an idea though.
      People have recovered, so can we.
      www.twitter.com/EyeGirlfriend)

Comment

Omega 3 levels take a while to build up in the body. You can have your essential fatty acid levels tested to see if the fish oil is having the desired effect. A naturopath/nutritionist can do this.

I was taking a good quality/high dose fish oil for years and my levels were still low. I was low in all fatty acids, 3, 6 and 9. Only after I started detoxing heavy metals did my EFA (essential fatty acid) levels normalise. If the cell is toxic it can't utilise the omega 3.

My eyes are 90% healed now.

Sazy
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
        X