Alternative omega-3 to fortifeye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative omega-3 to fortifeye

I've been using fortieye omega-3 for a while now, but I'm near to running out and my new supply from USA seems to have "been lost in the post" so does anyone in UK know of a good alternative? It has very high EPA/DHA per mass, any suggestions?
    prevention is better than cure, but not for eyes?

Hey I started off with fortifeye but it was too expensive to buy in end with shipping. A kind dry eye member told me about scope omega eye, triglyceride form like the fortifeye http://www.scopeomegahealth.co.uk I have been taking them for almost a year now. If you ring them up they are very friendly and they send out samples. Cath
    27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Doesn't seem to have anywhere as much EPA and DHA per softgel though! Bit sneaky listing it as per 4 softgels.

Comment

I don't think you'll find any equal in quality to fortifeye in the uk. I dont think they're being sneaky, you get 120 per tub of scope omegas compared to 60 in fortifeye. There is 0.65 less EPA and DHA. I struggled ordering fortifeye from America and found scope to be best alternative
        27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

You can try PRN. Very high on EPA and DHA.

Comment

Originally posted by cathy8889 View Post
            I don't think you'll find any equal in quality to fortifeye in the uk. I dont think they're being sneaky, you get 120 per tub of scope omegas compared to 60 in fortifeye. There is 0.65 less EPA and DHA. I struggled ordering fortifeye from America and found scope to be best alternative
            Ok thanks. I thought the ratios of EPA/DHA were important too? Shame it has vit D in it as it may limit how many I can take.

Originally posted by Daniel2 View Post
            You can try PRN. Very high on EPA and DHA.
            PRN make omega eye, do you just mean omega eye?

Comment

Originally posted by justbob View Post
              Ok thanks. I thought the ratios of EPA/DHA were important too? Shame it has vit D in it as it may limit how many I can take.

PRN make omega eye, do you just mean omega eye?
              I think there's the Eo (eye omega) and De (Dry eye), I don't know much, I think they are similar but the latter is specifically for dry eyes...

https://prnomegahealth.com/product/d...mega-benefits/

Hope this helps

Comment

I try omega 3 for my dry eyes. I want to take 3 pills a day and will see after 5 weeks if that helps. But hey guys, I live in Czech Republic and it seems to be a big problem to buy some quality omega 3 here !!! I was in one of the biggest pharmacy in the city and they have only some suspiciously inexpensive stuff. It's called "GS Omega 3 cps. 60+30", 1000 mg, EPA min. 180 mg a DHA min. 120 mg.

I bought it but... now I have doubts if it will even do something.

Do you have any experience with this "budget omega 3"? Or do you think I should buy something "more expensive" (and better?), for example PRN mentioned above? To be honest, it wouldn't be cheap for me and I would be glad if someone at least tell me THERE IS a difference. Any thoughts?

Comment

I notice a difference depending on what I take, best try different kinds and see for yourself.

Scope omega eye appears almost identical to De (Dry eye).
                  Last edited by justbob; 22-Mar-2015, 04:24.

Comment

Working...
                  X