Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Supplement for Dry/Red Eyes -- Fluke

Hi,

I've been a member of this forum for a while, on and off. My symptoms include dry eye, red irritated eyes, MGD and pingeculeas which thank God were surgically removed. I use serum drops, castor oil drops and take supplements as well as warm compresses and sterilid twice a day. What I've found that helps me the most with dry red irritated eyes, and don't ask me why or how because I've tried to figure it out myself is -- Skin, Hair and Nails supplement from the Vitamin Shoppe (bottle says made especially for Women. Men don't let this scare you off).

Mind you, this is a total fluke. I started taking these supplements for my skin and hair, and lo and behold I noticed my eyes were nice and moist and the redness all but gone. Rest assured, I have gone off the supplements several times to test this strange theory, and within one day my eyes are dry and red again. I have tried other brands and other supplements but nothing, and I mean nothing works like the Vitamin shoppe version does. I thought it was the Vitamin A or something else, but I've tried Theratears, multi-vitamins. flax seed oil, evening primrose oil, vitamins made especially for eyes, and other supplements, but they all but did nothing for me. Ironic, isn't it? Well anyway, thought I'd share this with you in case it might help. I assure you I don't work for the Vitamin Shoppe nor have any interest in promoting this vitamin other than wanting to help and see if this works for other people. It's pure luck or coincidence that this has turned out to be the best thing for my dry eyes.

Last thing worth noting: I recommended these supplements to a friend who also suffers from MGD and dry eye, and what do you know? This has helped her too. I don't see it being as helpful with MGD, but if it helps with the dry, red eyes, my goodness, I'm not complaining. Would love to know if this helps anyone else.

Susan

hi hemiragtop

well if it really works i fink im gonna run to buy the Perfectil for women from VITABIOTICS then ....

ok u said u tried flaxseed oil but did u tried fish oil before? because fish oil is supposed to be better than flaxseed in supplying DHA or EPA...

returning to the topic, im a bit surprise that nail,hair etc supplement works for D.E...because i look at PERFECTIL formula and it contains nearly the same formula that VISIONACE (supplement for eye from VITABIOTICS) and i use VISIONACE for up to 4months now....and still no considerable improvement...

(http://www.vitabiotics.com/perfectil...spx?ID=18&sm=2)

....but i found that PERFECTIL contains NiACIN 100%RDA=18mg.....and in another post from Vicki in Oregon, she found that too much Niacin can cause D.E...

u said u have pingeculeas..i dont really kno wat that but....mayB u have shoot the right treatment for ur D.E by using the hair,nail etc supplement ONLY because some part of ur body was deficient with it and curing the root of the symptome lead to helping ur D.E??and the root is related to ur hair, nail etc...?

hm...so anyone here have tried this stuff of hair,nail supplement? if it works, make us all knows!! we are veryyyyyyyyyyyy greedy in finding cure here ...

btw thanks for ur feedback hemiragtop

PS: do u have moderate or severe dryeye? that may explain why u have been "cure"...
    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

r.e.skin nail and hair formula..

This is a great tip been looking on holland and barrett website and theres a sale on there 1.79. instead of 8 pound in the uk...just wanted to let uk people know...regards and pleased youve found this helps..im getting 3 bottles....

Comment

Which Product?

Originally posted by hemiragtop
        Skin, Hair and Nails supplement from the Vitamin Shoppe (bottle says made especially for Women.
        Susan:

Which particular product is this? I've looked at Vitamin Shoppe's website and found several that could fit what you're describing:

Product 1

Product 2

Product 3

Product 4

Product 5

Product 6

Product 7

Product 8

Thanks.

Randal

Comment

What is in this supplement?
          Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Vitamin Shoppe Supplement

Hello All:

Didn't realize I had so many replies otherwise I would have responded sooner. I will try to remember and compile all the questions that many of you asked, and I apologize if I leave out a few.

First, I would say I have dry eyes, not a severe case, although prior to my current regime I did have severe dry eyes. Tried the fish oil, and practically every type of EFA, and nothing helped.

The vitamin shoppe product that I use is product 1 that someone on this forum was nice enough to provide links for. I have tried a host of other brands but nothing works like this one. The reason why I tried other ones is to pinpoint the exact ingredient that made a major difference, but thus far I haven't been able to isolate that one magic ingredient. Perhaps it's a synergistic effect that does the trick, but regardless, all I know is that it makes a huge difference for me. I take one in the am and one in the pm, right after a meal. I also take NAC supplements twice a day. But since I've been using the NAC for a long time, I know it only helps a bit. The "star" in my supplement regime is the hair skin nails product for some crazy reason.

Hope this works for the rest of you as much as it has worked for me. Please don't waste your money on other brands. Trust me, I've paid a small fortune experimenting with poor results.

Susan

Comment

how long did it take to work?

i am very interested to try this product but how long did you take the supplement before experiencing an improvement? do you continue to see improvements in your dry eye condition?

Comment

Vitamin Shoppe vitamin

I am also interested in knowing how long it took for you to notice an improvement in your eyes by using the Vitamin Shoppe vitamin. I am new to this board and am looking for all the help I can get. Thanks so much.

Comment

Need to know the Number on Bottle

I called the Vitamin Shoppe and they do not know which vitamin says it is for women, like the one you have. Could I please have the VS number on your bottle so I can order the correct vitamin. Thank you very much. Christine

Comment

thought ppl might be interested to know

This is the product that Susan is referring to.
                    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...jsp?id=VS-1193

I gave this a try after seeing this post..and I have to admit that this product does help with dry irritated eyes (the most). I am not sure if it helped reduce the redness of my eyes, b/c I still find them pretty red. (My symptoms include: red, irritated eyes) It took about a week or so to notice improvement.

If anyone knows some products that might help w/ redness of the eyes, please let me know!

Comment

degrees of improvement?

i am trying this product for 5 days now and have yet to see improvements. when you mention it helps dry and irritated eyes the most does it mean that you no longer feel dry eye burning pain or is it just a slight improvement? do you continue to see improvement now after taking it for a while. i am anxious to find out what i can expect from this supplement. btw, i am also taking biotears concurrently for about 5 days too and wondering if both products can be taken at the same time to accelerate improvement. thanks,

Comment

it's been a while that i've been taking this supplement, and i am trying to recall how they were before i took them.

Before I took them, my eyes were very irritated to the degree that I want to rub them constantly...but after taking them, during dry/bad weather or a long day of shopping, I feel the dryness in the eyes, but usually I won't feel my eyes and do not have the urge to rub them. I am not sure if this is a big improvement, but better than none.

if you are taking more supplements concurrently, I believe it's best to make sure whether u are overdose in certain vitamins..ie (vitamin E), otherwise should be fine!?! But I'm no expert or doctor..just another dry eye sufferer...-_-

Good Luck

Comment

Hello all, as I live in the UK, do you know if they are sold in any shops here, e.g holland and barrett or any helth stores...does it have to be this exact brand or are there any more? I will try ANYTHING that I think will help with my dry eyes.. fingers crossed these might work for me.
                          Many thanks

Comment

Well I'll try anything once........I live in the UK and just ordered some. They ship to the UK, albeit it's expensive.........but!!!

Ian.

Comment

Can anyone else confirm if they have noticed any improvement on these vits please?

Thanks

DMM
                              The magic gloop IS out there somewhere - right?

Comment

Working...
                              X