X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jachearts14
    replied
    Flax Seed Oil

Do you get the same results from flax seeds as the flax seed oil? I really don't know. It could make a difference for those with an intolerance to the oil. You will need a small grinder and you sprinkle the ground seeds on cereal, toast, in casseroles -- really, in just about anything. They're virtually tasteless and therefore do not alter the taste of the food.

Leave a comment:

• calli66
    replied
    Isis, I have noticed that when I take flax oil, it upsets my digestion and gives me gas. I seem to do fine with fish oils, though. Everybody's different, but for me, flax oil didn't work out.

Calli

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Petris
    replied
    People vary a lot in their tolerance of Omega 3 supplements, particularly fish oils. Some people cannot take fish oils at all. So sometimes it just takes experimentation to see what you can tolerate.

Yes, fish and flaxseed oil can be taken at the same time and in fact some products blend the two to make it more convenient - including TheraTears Nutrition (fish and flaxseed oil) and Barleans Total Omega (fish, flaxseed and borage).

I don't believe anyone can say for sure whether fish oil or flaxseed oil is best for dry eye. Some doctors say fish, some say flax, some say both, some say borage. Personally I believe it's just down to individual differences.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I have a question, is Flaxseed oil better than Fish Oil for MGD? Is it OK to take them at the same time?

Leave a comment:

• kitty
    replied
    From what I have read and what I have been told, some brands of Omega 3's are more, upsetting, than others. I took Twin Labs Supermax EPA. Never had a problem. Some people suggest keeping the caps in the freezer and taking them frozen.

Leave a comment:

• Deb
    started a topic Omega 3 side effects

Omega 3 side effects

I have been taking BioTears since the beginning of January
    and feel they help my eyes. But for the last 3 weeks I have
    been experiencing indigestion. I have read several articles
    stating this can be a side effect of Omega 3s. Has anyone
    else experienced this or offer advice?
Working...
X