new member - avocado oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member - avocado oil

hi, i am a new member here and am so glad to have this forum where i have learned so much about dry eye and treatment options. i have dry eye maybe due to hormonal changes but i am not sure because my dry eye is in cycles which may occur for few weeks then i am clear for a few months so i am a little bit more fortunate that i don't suffer constantly. right now i am in a dry spell which has lasted for almost a month but am seeing relief so i imagine the spell is ending soon. anyawy, i am currently taking omega 3 supplements and i do see some improvement i.e. my last "good" spell lasted for almost 6 months and even if i have dry ones, it's not as severe as i've experienced before i went on omega 3. i am trying something new now which is avocado oil capsules. it is referred to me by a friend who had suffered severe dry eye in her twenties due to contact lense wear. she had to use eyedrops constantly and could not stand the air conditioned room before. she was then introduced to avocado oil capsules to use as a general health supplement. she told me she saw dramatic improvement within months and she continued to use it for a year and she was "cured", never had dry eye problem again and she is in her mid-40s now and still a happy contact lense wearer. the great thing about it is she only took these capsules for one year and never needed to again. she has referred avocado oil to her DE friends and they all seemed to received dramatic benefits from it. her own mother who is DE from menopause tried it and it too relieved her symptoms. i don't know but i am sure going to give it a try. i will certainly update anyway who is interested. the ingredient listed on the product that i am currently using are:Avocado Oil, Starch, Perilla Oil, Borage Oil, Yeast Extract, Cili Fruit Extract, Glycerine, Red Alga Extract, Vitamin E(derived from soybean), Sodium Phosphoric Acid, Algae Carotene, Marigold
    - Nutrients: Non-saturated Fatty Acids: Oleic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Alpha-Linolenic Acid, Gamma-Linolenic Acid Vitamins: Carotene, Vitamin B2, C, E, Niacin Minerals: Calcium, Potassium
    i am praying for this to work on me too.

Hi there and welcome.

Wow, avocado oil. And I thought I'd heard it all Very interesting. I note that the product has borage oil too. I remember an optometrist with dry eye posting here a long time ago that he had exceptional success with borage oil. Mileage with all different omega 3/6 supplements seems to vary greatly. Best of luck with this!
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hi where did you buy this product with avacardo oil?
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

avocado oil

hi, the avocado oil supplement i got is from MIKI Corporation in Japan. i don't think it's available outside of asia and i am not sure as to "what" in this avocado is going to help my dry eye. perhaps it's the borage oil? anyway, i am ordering borage oil to supplement avocado oil. p.s. i do see some improvement in my dry eye condition after 3 days but i am not sure whether it's due to my hormonal cycle or not since i do have dry eye breaks. cheers, chris

Comment

Update?

Hello you ;-)
          So, after nearly 2 months, have you noticed any improvement in your condition with avocado oil?
          Thanks a lot for your feed back.
          Regards,
          Hey, nobody said life would be easy right? Please mum, next time you give birth to me, spend more time on the conception of my eyes, okay?

Comment

update

it's been almost 3 months since i started trying the avocado oil supplement. i can't say i feel any significant difference. when i posted it i thought my dry eyes will disappear like it always did but unfortunately, my dry eyes only gotten more severe and stayed til now. i don't really know what's in my body that changed because i've stopped wearing contacts for almost 8 years and in between i've only had very mild and short period of dry eyes. this time, my eyes gradually dried out over a course of probably 10 days and now i am feeling severe dryness when i am outside while manageable inside my home. i am still continuing with my avocado oil supplement because my girlfriend took for almost a year and she had severe dry eyes before. the biggest frustration is that each dry eye patient is different. what may work for one may not work for others. i've also taken borage oil for about 2 1/2 months and i don't see any great improvement either. i don't know why these supplements are not working and perhaps it's because i don't exactly know the cause of my dry eye?

chris c

Comment

reasons of dryness

Yep,

Unfortunately I think the effect of supplements varies widely in function of the reason of your dryness.
              Some people will feel a very positive effect and even sometimes will be cured (according to what I've read on the forums), but for some other people it won't have any effects.
              I guess there are specifics supplmements which are efficient for specifics kinds of dryness.
              So you should first find the reason of your dryness.
              I know that Omega 3 have a positive effect on my eyes as the reason of my dryness is Ichtyosis = general dryness of the body and mainly the skin, and omega 3 are quite efficient when it comes to dry skin...
              Hey, nobody said life would be easy right? Please mum, next time you give birth to me, spend more time on the conception of my eyes, okay?

Comment

Working...
              X