X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamen tablets - TheraLife Eye Therapy

Anyone tried these
    http://www.theralife.com/relief.html

"Of all the non-surgical treatments for dry eyes, only the TheraLife formulation has been clinically proven to be safe and effective. No other company or product can make that claim."

Big claims. wondering if i should pick up some

I notice the ingredients include Beta-Carotene which was one of the items Mikastef listed in http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3127

Thoughts would be appreciated.
    Steve

I know of two vitamins that have gotten results for SOME people. The first which does not leave you with fishy breath all day is the Science Based Health formulation HydroEye. The second is TheraTears Nutrition. The second requires, for some people, chewing gum or mints all day if you must communicate directly with people. I have clinics who have seen results from both of these in SOME people AND within 90 DAYS. In other words you can try them and if you are going to notice improvement it will happen within 90 days of starting.

My wife saw results from the HydroEye but the improvement did not justify the cost.

Comment

I've tried the Theralife Eye, but did not see any difference. I actually just returned some unopened bottles for a refund. I'm pretty sure they claim that you should see results within a few weeks. It is around $40 for two bottles, and with the starting routine they recommend, it only takes you a couple weeks to finish two bottles. They say to start off at high doses until you get relief and then start taking fewer vitamins. If you don't mind spending $40, it might be worth a try to atleast go through the 2 bottles. Like I said, it didn't work for me (neither did Hydro Eye), but everyone is different.

Comment

HydroEye and fish oil

Hi,

I took Hydroeye for 3 months then switched to fish oil.

The HydroEye bottle will cost about $30 and last 1 month. I saw no improvement after 90 days, and they say it takes 40-60 days. My eyes were actually getting worse at the time. That doesn't necessarily mean that the Hydroeye wasn't helping though. The only place I could buy it was at the eye doctor, so it was inconvenient. I was unimpressed.

The HydroEye has not just Omega 3 but Omega 6 also. Much of the research I've seen says we need more Omega 3 and less Omega 6, so I switched to 2000-4000 of fish oil daily.

I can't say the fish oil helps my eyes directly, but it is good for my whole body. My eyes have been (finally) getting a little better since Feb. which is about a month after switching to fish oil, but I can't know if it's fish oil, or if my Restasis is starting to work, or if it's the fact that the humidity came back up and the heater went back down, or if it's going preservative-free on my eye drops, or one of the many other things I do.

I haven't tried Theratears vitamins but someone on this board loves it.

Charmee

Comment

Working...
        X