Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EPA Oil (fish)

Anyone taking and what quantities?
    As you know Omega-3 is meant to be good for dry eye. But often only a fraction of most supplements contains the essential EPA. You'd need about 4 grammes of Fish oil supplements to get 1g of EPA.
    Any thoughts?
    Occupation - Optimistologist

Bruce

I take 4000mg (4g) per day.

2000mg of high EPA fish oil

2000mg of flaxseed oil.

can't say it has done me any favours.

Ian

Comment

I take 6grams of fish oil daily.

I also take borage oil for the omega 6-- 1gram. Sometimes I take evening primrose oil instead.

I used to take BioTears and switched to Moisture Eyes... I think I like the BioTears better.

I take other supplements too.. but these are the ones I target for my DES. For me, my supplement regime seems to help. I've been doing this for a couple of years now -- however, the 6grams of fish oil I started in January. Before that, I did just 4grams. My cardiologist suggested I up the amount I was taking.

I rarely use eye drops anymore -- I do try to use some before I go to sleep and when I wake up though - I just started doing this. I figured it was just a good idea to sort of wash out the eye so to speak.

Jann

Comment

I take 1000mg of MorEPA a day (type that in google and you'll see what I mean). Apparently they filter them out to remove mercury, pcbs etc. They also ensure a minimum amount of EPA per batch. Though that could all be marketing hype.

Comment

Working...
        X