Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortifeye Therapy

Hi,

my doctor gave me Fortifeye (Dry Eye Therapy) to use ...Anyone tried these Vitamins/Omega 3 before????

Thanks
    Last edited by Francesco; 09-Jan-2008, 16:59.

great relief from fortifeye dry eye therapy

I have been taking fortifeye dry eye therapy for about six months now. Prior to starting the new vitamin supplement my eye doc had me on flax seed oil two to three times a day, artificial tears and restasis(burned and very expensive). It took about a month or more for me to notice relief from my dry eyes I have been plagued with for years. Now i take the fortifeye dry eye therapy two times a day and no more sandy gritty eyes and no more Restasis. I still use artificial tears every now and then but my eyes feel great! I have also noticed my skin is less dry my hair is thicker and healthier feeling too. I am hooked!

Comment

Welcome Sharon.

Forgive my skepticism, but we get "hit and run" attempts at advertising around here once in awhile, as a result of which I am always slightly suspicious of anyone posting a glowing review of a product immediately after registering. Perhaps you'll prove me wrong by telling us more about yourself & your experience and becoming a frequent user, and if so, great.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

As far as I can see, there is very little in the Fortifeye Dry Eye Therapy supplements that isnt in alot of fish oil supplements....and indeed dry eye capsules!

2 capsules have 1550mg of fish oil, and 44mg of GLA from Borage seed oil, 10 mg sesame lignans.

I have been taking these for 2 months.

I would say that my eyes are slightly more comfortable...but I have been also using sterilid, supranettes, warm compresses and tranquilleyes....my belief is that it was the lid hygiene that has improved my symptoms (with sterilid in particular controlling blepharatis).

At best I believe it could be an anti inflammatory benefit from the GLA? However the dose is so small compared to consumption of borage oil itself. One tablespoon of Barleans Omega Twin (flax and Borage) contains 510mg of GLA....compared to the 44mg in 2 capsules of Fortifye! That means you need to take well over 20 capsules for one tablespoon of the oil!

I believe however that there has been research that seems to prove that the vitamins and macular degeneration supplements have had some posititve effects in slowing down the effects of macular degeneration?

Comment

Working...
        X