Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the fish oil supplements in capsules?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are the fish oil supplements in capsules?

Hi,

I have Omega-3 fish oil capsules (Sunwell, 1000 mg 18% EPA, 12% DHA) but they are enormous. They are very difficuilt to swallow. Do these things really have to be in capsules? Can I just bite through them? They´re way too big.

Thanks,

Desert Cry

They're just in capsules for ease of consumption. I suppose you could bite them, although be prepared for a rather bad taste. I used to take flaxseed oil by the tablespoon full back in my weightlifting days...that is some nasty stuff so I'd hate to think about what fish oil tastes like!

bassfan

Comment

As a matter of fact... you can get flaxseed oil that tastes GREAT and you can get fish oil in liquid form that is at least tolerable. By the way, if it tastes bad, that's a good sign that it IS bad. (Not fresh.)

I take the cinnamon flavored Barleans flaxseed oil, 2 tablespoons every morning mixed with yoghurt & berries and totally love it. (So does my husband, who is about the least adventuresome person on the planet when it comes to trying new foods.) The Barleans fish oils all have a lemony flavor.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Barleans Flaxseed oil

I just bought some Barleans. I couldn't find the cinnamon one but the plain is not bad at all. I also put in my yogurt with berries and granola. Has anyone noticed any difference using this product. I have only been on it for two days. I was using Omega 3 caps 1000 mg.before for over a month. Barleans has a lot more mg of whatever in it. I am hopeful. I have dry eye without the severe blehpheritis.
        Lilypad

Comment

Eh, well the couple I've had from online nutrition sites taste terrible...i'll have to give that one a try Rebecca.

Comment

Working...
          X