Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flax Seed Oil

Hey everyone (especially Rebecca),

I've been reading about Rebecca's trial with Barlean's flax seed oil, and I was wondering, is this in addition with Barleans total omega capsules as well, or does taking flax seed oil replace capsules?

And Rebecca, thank you for your courageous venture into the realm of actually consuming spoonful of oils. Have you felt more improvement this way vs. taking capsules?

thanks!

I hope it is ok I reply. I think you get more healthy omegas and healthy fats in the liquid then in the pill form.You would have to consume so many pills to get the same benefit. I know when I increased my healthy fats not only in pill form but in evoo,nuts,etc I have healthier skin and hair. Still waiting for the eyes. The fat helps asborb other nutrients too in your body.I always feel supplements are not replacements but additions to the real thing. Hope this was not too off base.

Comment

I'm not taking the total omega tabs or fish oil capsules at this point - just the liquid (cinnamon ) flax oil. As Gina says it packs a lot more punch than the tabs - I can't remember the exact figures but you'd have to take something like 14 tabs to get what you get in liquid form.

I'm mostly going for general health benefits and I'm not attempting to monitor clinical test results before & after because I feel they would be clouded by other factors. However, at some point I'm going to try dropping warm compresses for awhile just to see if I can maintain my MGs with flaxseed oil alone. I won't do that longterm even if it works because I love my rice baggy but I am very interested to find out to what extent flaxseed oil on its own contributes to keeping the MGs clear. I'd like to do that with fish oil but I don't know whether I'll ever be ready to gulp that stuff down in liquid form, and I sure as heck will not be putting it in my breakfast yoghurt
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

So this may have been posted before, however, where can one find the cinnamon flax oil? Sounds tasty... Thanks!

Comment

I'm stocking it now in the shop, and also have free samples available (limited quantities... I'm getting a bit every month)

Barleans Flavored Flax Oil

You can also check local healthfood stores. I think that not too many stock the flavored ones though, usually just the basic and high lignan.
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks Rebecca! I'll check it out soon!

Comment

Thanks Gina and Rebecca! I had no idea that it took that many capsules to get what you would from a liquid form. God this website is a godsend. Anyway, I think I'm going to venture into flax seed oil territory, just a spoonful whenever I eat yogurt, which is just a couple times a week.

Comment

Whole Foods carries both the cinnamon and the lemonade flavors - in the refrigerator case near the vitamins and supplements.

Comment

I just ordered some to try. Maybe we will all get healthy together! Thanks to Rebecca and Gina! Can't wait to try the cinnamon and yogurt and berries creation!!

Comment

Rebecca wrote:
                    As Gina says it packs a lot more punch than the tabs - I can't remember the exact figures but you'd have to take something like 14 tabs to get what you get in liquid form.
                    That's exactly right. I used to take Udo's Oil (another Omega 3-6-9 oil) regularly (still keep it on hand and take a spoonful here and there) and when I emailed Udo Erasmus years ago to inquire about dosages, he told me that a tablespoon of Udo's Oil is the equivalent of taking 14 capsules of Udo's. After all these years, I still like Udo's Oil.
                    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                    X