Is Digestive insufficiency the cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Digestive insufficiency the cause?

I have been studying alot about the body's digestive system, and all the "supplements" we are all trying. I am wondering if these supplements could help some while not have an effect in others, because of a deficient digestive system that is run-down because of an intolerance/allergy to foods we eat everyday. from what I have read, food intolerances can cause our digestive system to be unable to absorb nutrients, also stress puts a big weight on your digestive system. for all of you out there.....how did your dry eye begin? did your eyes start out becoming a little dry and then progress? could be cause by an insufficient digestive system, could your body not be receiving the nutrients from the food you eat, because it is not able to absorb the nutrients? do a quick search on the digestive system. I know in Chinese medicine they believe that all eye problems are connected to how well your liver is working. also, when I read about the digestive system, the liver is one of the most important organs in your body, and plays a key role in the digestion, and absorbion of food and nutrients.

There are a number of different causes for the dry eyes of people on this board. Some came on suddenly, following lasik, neurosurgery or other medical procedures. Some developed over time from too much contact lens wear, hormonal changes (especially menopause in women), meibomian gland dysfunction, blepharitis, changes in thyroid function, Sjogrens syndrome, anterior basement membrane disorder and other causes. Many people are here because of rosacea and ocular allergies. So, dry eyes are a problem that stems from many causes.

Comment

I'd add that for many of us, there is more than one cause of our dry eyes. Sometimes this isn't known for some time as things like Sjogrens can take a long time to manifest. Terri's list was very good. Lucy
      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
      X