X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whey protein :(

hello guys

just to keep up to date wit u and comment on the findings of Dr Michael OD, about WHEY PROTEIN.

Well, for newbies, it didn't work for me.. i tried it for three months now and even take 3scoop per day ! so much protein helps in exercising nevertheless...! but my goal was not to become the next Arnold, but get cure! so anyone else tried it ?

mmm im trying another combination of silicon/silica from Health Aid ACTIVE DAY VIT. well this too is a shot in the dark.

I wonder if the Hair/skins and nails supplement really help (from dry eyes triump). I tried the substitute : Vitabiotics Hair skins and nails and all i can say is that..... i'm still a member to this website lol...for a long time i fink...!

anyway hope u others are doing fine!

Work for me is not bad - my traineeship. So for young colleagues out there fearing the world of works, don't be discouraged! i get myself plugged, use pc 10hrs per day (and its so tiring), stay away from aircon or use its "wet" mode most of the time. WE CAN do it!
    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

ok i guessed that no one tried the whey protein...
    mm i stopped its used and is considering Creatine...
    did anyone tried it?
    ...guess not i fink...lol...
    will report back soon if there's any effect (positive hopefully)..

Creatine is a bodybuilding supplement. my interest in it is because:
    1- helps to supply energy to muscle and nerve cells. (nerves... maybe related to making tears)
    2-Creatine supplementation has been, and continues to be, investigated as a possible therapeutic approach for the treatment of muscular, neuromuscular, neurological and neurodegenerative diseases (arthritis, congestive heart failure, Parkinson's disease, disuse atrophy, gyrate atrophy, McArdle's disease, Huntington's disease, miscellaneous neuromuscular diseases, mitochondrial diseases, muscular dystrophy, neuroprotection, etc.). - wikipedia source
    3-one of its side effect is water retention is muscle cell...
    4- I want some muscle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatin...lements#Safety
    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Creatine/Protein

Back in my college days I was pretty serious into weightlifting. I took creatine supplements for quite a while. Its one of the few proven supplements that doesn't have many side effects. This was well before my DES started so I can't really comment to anything about that. You are correct with the water retention. Creatine sort of saturates the muscle. Keep in mind that it takes about a month or so to build elevated creatine levels in the body so you'll have to keep your test going longer than that.

As far as the whey protein goes, I find it hard to believe anyone would really say that whey protein would have any effect on DES. Protein is a macronutrient that makes up a portion of a balanced diet, found in basically every food you eat in some amount, some obviously more than others. You would do just as well to eat a couple chicken breasts a day as whey protein to up your protein intake. Of course eating well may generally be a good idea for anyone.

Do you have a link for the findings of Dr Micheal?

Daren

Comment

hi there..

so u did tried creatine before dry eye?...well well... its no effect then for u?
        here is the findings of Dr Michael OD
        http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...t=whey+protein

Comment

I'm a bodybuilder and I do material arts. I take Whey Protein after every Workout. So that's about 5 times a week. I can't see a positive effect on my DES. Maybe if I would stop to take it for a while.
          Creatine is a great supplement for building muscels but I don't think that is has an effect on DES. But if you want to build muscles it's the right choice. But I would only recommended it to experienced athlets.

Greets

Comment

flax seed oil, fish oil, primrose oil, biotears

hello everyone
            i wanted to mention that i've been taking flax seed oil (2400 mg)
            fish oil (4800 mg) primrose oil (1000 mg) and 4 capsules of biotears daily for 4 months.
            my tear breakup time 4 months ago was 2.
            yesterday it was measured and it was 10.

i have to add that in that time i have also had 4 punctal plugs put in and maybe that's a factor. however, i do think that adding this oil to my routine has helped with the tear breakup time so i wanted to mention it on the chance that it might help others.

thanks
            betty

Comment

Originally posted by bvendig View Post
              hello everyone
              i wanted to mention that i've been taking flax seed oil (2400 mg)
              fish oil (4800 mg) primrose oil (1000 mg) and 4 capsules of biotears daily for 4 months.
              my tear breakup time 4 months ago was 2.
              yesterday it was measured and it was 10.

i have to add that in that time i have also had 4 punctal plugs put in and maybe that's a factor. however, i do think that adding this oil to my routine has helped with the tear breakup time so i wanted to mention it on the chance that it might help others.

thanks
              betty
              I wish you only stayed on the supplements and got tested. Would have been nice to know how much those actually helped you, if at all.

Oh and Mika --- I think there is an equally likely possibility that the Creatine information you found on wikipedia was written by a Creatine company's marketing department as the possibility that it was by a person providing legitimate information.

Comment

thx for the info Fresh!!
                so I am still resuming again the whey protein plan... up to now, its been 2 months (excluding the previous phase which lasted approx 4months before stopping) and all I can't say is that I don't notice any difference whatsoever, except perhaps my anticipation that my muscle will gain size :P!...
                anyone any result?

bvendig good news for your improvement. but you posted in the whey protein section.. so did you tried it and was it one of the reason of your improvement?

Comment

I tried Whey Protein in february. I think i took it fo two months. I had no improvement.

Comment

Working...
                  X