Gums bleeding/supplements??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gums bleeding/supplements??

All you people who load up on the flax oil and other supplements.....have you noticed your gums bleed easier? I notice mine bleed easy when flossing which never happened before. The dentist said my mouth is perfectly healthy, should be no reason for it. He asked if I were taking any meds or anything that might cause it. I didn't see it as a side effect for Restasis, so am wondering about all the other stuff I swallow.
    My medicine chest includes flax or Udo oil, theratears, primrose oil, NAC/Glut. I take one tblsp flax, and the recommended dosage of the others.

platelet aggregation

I am glad you brought this up. Omega 3 EFA's do suppress platelet aggration. Platelets are those little sticky cells that are the first line of defense against bleeding. People who take high amounts of Omega 3 EFA's should carefully monitor their intake of other medications and supplements that effect blood clotting. Some of those supplements and medications include aspirin, gingko biloba, and coumadin.

DrG

Comment

Thanks, Dr. G

I suppose for me this is good news. I actually had a blood clot once many, many years ago (took coumadin for about a year) and always worry about it.
      Thanks for the info. That is good to know.

Comment

Working...
      X