Omega 6 help dry eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omega 6 help dry eye?

I take 4,000 mg of Omega 3 fish oil for dry eye... Does anyone take Omega 6 and find it to help? I tried GLA for a few months but didn't notice any difference.

I appreciate everyone's responses!
    Jenny

Hi Jenny

I did take fish oil for a couple of weeks a while ago, but gave up as i found it was too expensive for me.
    I suffer from DES since 2004! I took restasis for about 1 1/2 yrs., but quit about 8-9months ago. Now I am taking flaxseed and homeopathic, and i must say, my eyes feel way better! I only use gel at night! Earlier i had to use drops every hour. Hope omega tbl. helps you!
    Try also homeopathic, it brings a lot!

Comment

Omega 6 is not what you want to use. Too much of that is inflammatory. You either want to use Omega 3 or a combination of 3 & 6 with much more 3 in it.

Comment

Ok. good-I haven't used Omega 6 for awhile.. thanks for your advice. i really really appreciate it...
        Jenny

Comment

Try flax seed oil and msm to cut down on the inflamation.

Comment

Well, if fish oil didn't help, flax oil won't help. I've been taking flax oil and fresh ground flax seed forever. It does nothing for my eyes (it helps cholesterol).
            MSM is good for lots of things but has no bearing on dry eye.

Comment

Hello

Omega 6 like Omega 3 is an essential oil. This means it is an "essential" part of our diet because the human body cannot make it's own Omega 6. However, typical western diets are plentiful in Omega 6 and scant in Omega 3. Therefore if your diet has many grain products - wheat, rice, bread or pasta then you are unlikely to need Omega 6 supplements.

This ends today nutritional lecture.
              Occupation - Optimistologist

Comment

I think though and always get confused but your body can produce the 6 but not the 3. I have also heard the flaxseed oil is better for dry eye but fish oil is better for inflammation. I take 2 and 2. Of course I feel in general having the real thing is better so I try to include healthy oils in my diet and fresh fish.No change though in the dry eye either but I am hopng it is just taking time

Comment

Working...
                X