White wine vs. red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White wine vs. red

I know we should not be drinking alcohol with DES, but I enjoy a glass of wine once in a while. I used to drink white wine and it never really bothered my eyes. For health reasons I recently switched to red wine. My eyes react terribly to it, as if every last drop of moisture is being sucked out of them. Has anyone else noticed that red wine seems to have a greater impact on their DES than white?
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

hello kitty
    well for me i noticed that everyyyy alcoholic drinks make my eye become red.....dats y i drink in moderation or do not drink at all.
    but before dryeye, i prefered red wine... but still, now I don't drink too much...
    maybe its bcoz of the alchol effect for redness
    If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

When I drink red wine my eyes become more red and dry. But I'm fine with white wine... any idea why this is so? Maybe it has something to do with rosacea?

Comment

I don't think I notice any difference between the red and the white, however, I will do some more testing I guess we all know any alcohol will dry out our eyes, but moderation is a nice thing to do at times...

Comment

Working...
        X