Interesting effect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting effect

I feel like I almost don't belong here. My dry eyes were getting worse and worse everyday progressively. I stopped wearing contacts several weeks ago and my eyes hurt me every day instead of every other day or just a couple times a week like when it started a month or so ago. I have tried quite a few things- drops, ointment (btw, whoever thought of putting grease into the eye.. well, I don't know what to say o.O) flaxseed oil.. etc.
    Recently, I started drinkings a lot more water. Like a lot more than I ever had per day. That is at least 6-8 cups of water a day. Instantly, I have noticed an improvement in my eyes. I haven't yet been outside in fear that the cold wind will aggravate my eyes, but they no longer hurt indoors. And this happened within 2-3 days!
    Can that be my cure? Just drinking lots more water? I still do warm compresses because they help a lot, but the drops I don't feel like they do much.
    Can the culprit of dry eye for me be just dehydration? If so, that would make me so happy!

You know, it might be the case.

Thanks for the reminder. I try very hard to stay hydrated, but as soon as someone on the board mentions it, it helps me to not neglect it.

--Liz

Comment

Drinking More Water - A Good Thing

Since I read your post this morning I've had four big glasses of water. Thank you for the reminder, I'm very lax about making sure to have enough, and reading about your experience has encouraged me to figure out a way to be sure to drink enough.

Keeping fingers crossed that you have found your answer.

Lynda

Comment

Okay, so here is another person who wants to tell you thanks for the reminder! I hope things continue to get better for you and after I drink my second cup of coffee, I'm starting in on the water big time. Now if only they would install a port-a-potty in my tiny office, things would be great!

Comment

I'm glad I can help all of you. I really do notice a BIG difference. In my case though, it probably was mostly dehydration since my dry eye came about from wearing contact lenses too much and using the computer a lot, but I don't think I have any other underlying cause. But keeping yourself hydrated does help a ton.

Comment

Working...
          X