Vitamins bad for eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitamins bad for eyes?

In one of the brochures my doctor gave me to read about dry eye syndrome, it listed multi-vitamins as a cause of dry eyes. I'm not ready to give up my multi-vitamin. Does anyone know which vitamin specifically might be bad for your eyes?

I am going to stop several other meds on the list. How long would one typicall have to be off of something that caused their dry eye to see a difference?

I just got lower plugs three days ago. My left eye is great, but my right is still really dry. I would like to give some other things a chance to work before going for an upper plug in that one eye. Or would it be better to get the upper plug and have it removed if my eyes seem to get better?

Certain Vitamins can make dry eye worse

I have experimented with many vitamins but found that generally the multi vitamins and minerals would make my dry eye worse...particulary multi-minerals. I only take magnesium now but again this is a very personal "must experiment" kind of thing. I also think that many medications make dry eye worse...for me, I stopped taking all meds to try to get a baseline. Then I would add it back and see what the results are. Now, I am very partial to a very natural approach. I figure the eye can heal itself. Check out the website www.dry-eye-help.com (It has info on a natural dry eye healing approach).

Comment

I would love to read what this brochure says. I have been taking multiple vitamins daily for about 10 years now. I have never read such a thing as vits cing dry eyes, but would love to know.

Comment

Here is another thread with more info:
        http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=8126
        Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I don't know about vitamins, but do you really believe in this book?It's kind of hard to believe that this guy found a miracle cure against dry eyes and he's trying to sell a book on line for 40 dollars, don't you think?I think many people wanto to take advantage from the pain of sick people.

Comment

Working...
          X