When do you take your fish oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you take your fish oil?

For those of you who use fish oil capsules or take it straight up, I am curious about when in the day you take it.

I ask, because I notice that when I eat a lot of olive oil, I tend to have a better night in terms of my dry eyes. I tried taking my fish oil later and did not notice a difference, but I did notice an effect with olive oil.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta on CNN said that a tablespoon of olive oil a day is good for the heart, so I had some on my pasta one night and noticed better results with my eyes.

Again, like everything else I do, I notice a little bit of a help, but by no means is this curing me or preventing some really dry, uncomfortable episodes.

If you notice anything similar, let me know.

Thanks,
    Liz

I take my fish oil in the morning, before breakfast. Have taken it for years, noticed no difference in my DES. I have been consuming olive oil liberally for a couple of months now, no difference in my DES. Understand that DES has different causes so what might work for one might not work for another.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

I take mine after supper on a full stomach, also the caplets are frozen. Otherwise they tear up my tummy! Thanks!

Comment

I had to quit fish oil due to stomach distress. I take 2 Flaxseed Oil caps with every meal. Works well.

Comment

Hi Liz,

I am really working on my diet in the hope that I can overcome DES. What I have seen come up a lot is that oilve oil is a great cleanser for the body. I know many people mix it with all types of things for an extreme detox, but I have read that even taking a little by itself can do the trick. Below I have copied from an article I found on the net, there are many more out there.

Maybe what you are doing is detoxing by taking the oilve oil. Of course I'm not sure of that but you must be doing something right if it helps.

If you are using olive oil you should really be looking at how it is unrefined. Unrefined olive oil is the best, it is cloudy and must be kept in a dark bottol in a cool place so it doesn't go bad. You can do a little research on this, I don't know the scientific reasoning behind this off the top of the head, but I do know I only use unrefined olive oil since reading about it.

"Olive Oil is extracted from Olive fruit and primarily has 3 main acids that are oleic, palmitic and fatty. It not only has low amount of saturated fats but also serves as an antioxidant and is rich in medicinal uses. To cleanse the entire internal body system even gall bladder and liver, doctors usually recommend this technique. Intake of Olive Oil helps to prevent Asthma, gall-stones and lethargy.

To look slim, perfect and confident, you are just a few steps away. Olive, rich in fiber content helps to detoxify your body, cleanses your internal system and also prevents you from health hazards like asthma, gas, acidity etc. caused by unhealthy eating habits. So your wait is over, be fresh, live fresh and stay healthy."

Comment

Working...
          X