Fish oil, flaxseeds, primrose oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish oil, flaxseeds, primrose oil?

Has anyone tried using fish oil, flaxseeds, or primrose oil or a combination of these things for dry eye? Have they worked and if so how long did it take for them to be effective?

Yes...

over the years I've taken flaxseed, fish, EPO and black currant oil. None ever seemed to help me at all unfortunately.

Comment

Flax Oil

You can also get GERD or bad Acid Reflux disease from Flax oil if taken as 2 Tablespoons or more a day. Be careful and just use a little at a time mixed with food. I have Acid Reflux as a result of oil.

hsum4

Comment

Does fish oil also cause the bad acid reflux?

Melissa
        pianolady

Comment

Originally posted by msienkiewicz View Post

Melissa
          I take the chewable O-3's and don't seem to have any problems with them.

Capsule from are'nt to bad either but the straight liquid form has given me problems.

Comment

Where did you find chewable form?

Would that be as helpful as it is not in oil form?

Melissa
            pianolady

Comment

Where did you find chewable form?

Would that be as helpful as it is not in oil form?

Melissa
              I get the Omega-3 (fish oil) orange flavoured soft chews here in Canada at pretty much any drugstore. I also take the flax seed oil capsules.

Comment

flax/fish oil

hj all
                i don't get GERD from taking fish oil/flax oil but i just wanted to mention something that a doctor suggested.

he said to freeze them before taking. he said that way they're in your stomache before they defrost

thanks, betty

Melissa

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I wish I could find the orange flavored soft chews. I will look into that.

Aaron,
                  What is the brand? Perhaps I could google them...

Melissa
                  pianolady

Comment

Thanks for the tips. I wish I could find the orange flavored soft chews. I will look into that.

Aaron,
                    What is the brand? Perhaps I could google them...

Melissa
                    One company is Exact and the other is Webber Naturals. Looks like you can get them at GNC too http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2965533

Comment

I take lots of omega-3's and different fish oils' and I take different brands (just to cover all the bases ) I also take beta carotene ~ in case I have a vitamin A deficiency and don't know it.... Since it's been said that vitamin A deficiency will cause dry eye.

What I take are all in capsule form (if I had to take liquid I'd probably throw-up (sorry about that)) and I keep them in the freezer ~ yep if you keep them in the freezer they do not cause reflux/GERD.

And as far as how long before I saw a difference was about 5 weeks.
                      But the difference is ~ when I yawn or sneeze I have tears and I can feel them in my eyes, whereas I never did before the fish oils and stuff. At night when I am tired and I yawn a lot my right eye has lots of tears and my left eye has some but not as much. But as far as moisture/tears all the time throughout the day I cannot say because I have acquired a lot of allergies to eye drops and lots has changed in the last couple of months; so I don't know if it's the RX drops I'm using or what ~ just not sure. My eyes still feel like open sores; so I'm thinking it's not just dry eye there is something else that no doc I've been to has seemed to figure out yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X