carrot juice anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carrot juice anyone?

I started drinking carrot juice since I read that it's good for dry eye/conjunctivitis. I'm taking it for mild dry eye but mostly for the Bleph (anterior/flaking lids). I was taking carlson's fish oil for 2 weeks but gave up after GI discomfort, making my face even more oily that it was, making the flaking a bit worse. Any patients experience some good effects from carrot juice??

Marc.

i've actually tried juicing. I drank alot of carrot juice in particular. It's suppose to be really good for you, but I didn't notice any difference in my dry eye, As I have MGD. I also usually get oily skin. It does taste good to me, if the carrots are sweet.

rhad

Comment

carrot juice

too early if its doin anything (2 days)...I tried odwalla and bolthouse farms, and I love odwalla. Quite delicious! Did the carrot juice bring down the oily skin somewhat?

Marc.

Comment

NO, I didn't notice any change in my skin. The oily skin remained the same for me.

Comment

Hi,

I drink at least a pint of unpasteurized veggie juice every day. I juice my own. Here is an article on the benefits of juicing, you can find many more by doing a search yourself.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Fresh-Juic...its&id=1124726

You might consider doing a bit of research on the veggie juice you choose. Anything that is "ultra-pasteurized" has killed the helpful enzymes, many of which die once heated above 105 degrees. I am not sure what the situation is with "flash pasteurized" and how that effects the juice. I drink mine within a couple of minutes of making it, I want all that goodness cause sometimes I go really hardcore with the ingredients.

I have been advized to include celery, beets and lemon juice in mine as they are supposed to be great for cleansing the liver. Room temp.water and lemon juice is a great way to start the day also, your liver loves it. In Chinese medicine there is a connection between the liver and the eyes, and in western medicine many liver conditions show up in the eyes. Kale is king of the juicing world, so I include that also.

If you want to buy a juicer consider the differences between a masticating and centrifugal juicer
          http://www.juicingbook.com/centrifug...cating-juicers

I have an Omega masticating juicer and love it. If you get juice your own start very slow and build it up, it can be very strong for a body not used to so much so fast.

For me juicing is and will always be part of my life. I crave it it through out the day f I don't have it in the morning. My facial skin is much better since starting juicing, and I can only think this is a sign of something. My eyes are also much better but I don't know if it has to do with the juicing, diet, lifestyle change or just plain time, but if something works why change it.

So the answer to your question is yes for juicing, for all round health that also includes the eyes.

AS for the fish oils, have you tried flaxseed oil? If that doesn't work for you there are many other types of oils thata you could try, you would have to do a little research on this but I'm thinking cold pressed and untreated primrose oil, seasame seed oil, avocado oil etc. I really don't know for sure what levels of what these, you could do a little reasearch to see, but it is important to get you omega oil. Or maybe trying eating an avocado or a serving of fish such as trout or salmon each day, or sprinkle hemp seeds, which taste like pine nuts, on your salad or sandwich. There are many ways to incorporate omega oil in your diet.

B.
          Last edited by bernmee; 04-Jul-2009, 22:18. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
          X