Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know anything about flaxseed oil

hey
    ive just bought a bottle of flaxseed oil 4650mg,but the ingrediants are alpha-linolenic acid
    linoleic acid
    oleic acid
    palmitic acid and stearic acid.
    are the they ok to take because i was on cod liver oil but was only 2800mg so this is alot higher but is it to high?

basically wondering am i doing right taking it as feel no different on cod liver.

any info would really help as the women in the herbal shop had no idea

thank you

Hi Kate -

The Omega oils (fish and flax) take several months to see results so you need to be patient. I know that some on here have had success with Flaxseed oil, but after doing some research, I take only fish oil. My dry eye doc concurs with me on this as well. Flax contains Omega 3's, 6's and 9's. Fish oil contains Omega 3's. There is a good piece of research that suggests that dry eye is often a result of too many Omega 6's vs Omega 3's. In short, you want to increase your Omega 3 intake to offset the high omega 6 intake that we have in our Western diet (processed foods, mainly). I therefore stick to liquid fish oil, 4000 mg Nordic Naturals.

I don't have the link to the Omega 3 to Omega 6 related to dry eye research paper. But if you google it, you can find it. Or maybe another member has it and would kindly post it.

HTH,
    Gretchen

Comment

I also take only fish oil for Omega 3's. Two doctors that I respect have said that there is some concern that the Omega 6 in flaxseed oil may present a problem with inflammation.

If you google "inflammatory response Omega 6" you will see some reports there.

Comment

gretchen,magoo

ah right thats very intersting thank you for the info i will try and look for it on google,so many things that you need know that i dont know where start on what supplements to take,but thats a big help

thanks again

Comment

I definitely had trouble with the flax seed oil. There is also some debate whether the phytoestrogens in the flax can contribute to breast health issues. I have gone back to fish oil only. Just something else for women to consider. It may not be the right protocol for you.

Best wishes,
          Melissa
          pianolady

Comment

im going to swap my huge bottle of flaxseed oil for fish oil tomoz hehe aint wasting any more money lol.
            thanks again for the info i knew people on here would know more than the so called herbalist in the shop

kate x

Comment

Working...
            X