Can Bio Tears be taken with Oracea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Bio Tears be taken with Oracea

I have been taking 4000 mg of fish oil a day but wondered if Bio Tears would be better, and can it be taken while you're on Oracea?

I'm not familiar with BioTears except that it's a supplement for dry eyes - so yes, it can be taken with Oracea - anything can.

Comment

BioTears can be taken with anything....but Oracea cannot due to absorbancy issues. Doxy/Oracea should be largely taken alone on an empty stomach. If you cannot manage this due to stomach upset you can take it with food, but NOTHING WITH CALCIUM in it like yoghurt or milk because calcium chelates the doxy and renders it unusable by your body.

I take my Oracea first thing when I get out of bed and then follow up 2 hours later with my other morning supplements and breakfast.

HTH.
      Gretchen

Comment

Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
        BioTears can be taken with anything....but Oracea cannot due to absorbancy issues. Doxy/Oracea should be largely taken alone on an empty stomach. If you cannot manage this due to stomach upset you can take it with food, but NOTHING WITH CALCIUM in it like yoghurt or milk because calcium chelates the doxy and renders it unusable by your body.

I take my Oracea first thing when I get out of bed and then follow up 2 hours later with my other morning supplements and breakfast.

HTH.
        Gretchen
        Gretchen, yes, I take my Oracea by itself on an empty stomach like the directions say. But I just wondered if Bio Tears taken later in the day would interfere with Oracea doing its thing.

Comment

Working...
        X