Does anyone take luteine (sp?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone take luteine (sp?)

not sure about spelling. But I'm thinking about getting some. Any first hand experience? AND does anyone take both luteine and fish oil???

Hi

Lutein works as an antioxidant and is thought to protect against macular degeneration. Unsure that it would benefit dry eye but I don't think it would do any harm.

I would stick with the fish oils and eat more fresh vegetables such as spinanch, peppers etc

Comment

I was fishing in this big tournament this spring and had an older retired gentleman in the boat with me. Him and his wife used to own a health food store and swore up and down if I would just take a bunch of lutein I would be cured...this post just made me remember that. Of course I never have tried it...

Comment

I take lutein every day, and have for a few years. My optician recommended it because my mother had terrible problems with macular degeneration. It hasn't had any noticeable effect on my dry eyes, however.

A an aside, I've been taking fish oil supplements for about a month now, and I haven't noticed any change from that, but I'm hoping. The fishy burps are nasty, though. I may have to change brands!

Lisa

Comment

Ive also taken these for a long time (Its recommended for all people in sweden). No effect for me either.

Comment

Working...
          X