Aspirin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspirin

Does anyone take a simple anti inflammatory on a regular basis ...

it sounds simple.. but if a lot of our problems are inflammation..

would say taking an aspirin tablet on a daily basis have any effect?

Or would the effect be far too mild?

Hi Rory,

I take one Aleve every morning to manage osteoarthritis inflammation. When my eyes get irritated, I find it does help to take another Aleve in the evening.

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

At night when the pain is the worst and my eyes feel swollen, I will take an Advil and use ice packs, that always seems to calm it down and I think the Advil anti-inflammatory properties are very helpful. I stopped taking an aspirin daily as I am on a great deal of fish oil and was told by my Dr. (regular dr.) that together it would have too much blood thinning effect. But..I still have high cholesterol..can't win!

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I've wondered before if some kind of aspirin/aleve/advil eye drop could be effective.

Comment

There are non-streoidal anti inflammatory eye drops available by prescription. I don't remember what they are called, but I have used them in times when I get irritation from having to wear my contacts for very long hours.

Comment

Are you talking about azasite? It's certainly effective, but is also an antibiotic, I'm always wary of the long-term effects of such treatment.

Comment

Hi Nick,

I can't remember what they are called but it's not Azasite. I think the name starts with a Z (it's not Zatidor either).

Lynne

Comment

Hi, I just saw Dr. Salz yesterday in Beverly Hills and one of the things he mentioned to try was Azasite for my 7-month post lasik dry eyes. BTW, he says he has only heard of people having chronic dry eye beyond six months but never in the thousands of his lasik surgerys has had any one go over 6 months to get better. I am seeing him as a second opinion. Man I hope he's right or that I am not a life long dry eyer!

Comment

Um, how do I say this politely? The doctor is being disingenuous if he claims he has no patients with post-LASIK dry eye beyond 6 months.

LASIK surgeons claim dry eyes, night vision problems, HOAs, etc clear up within 6 months, but since they rarely do follow up beyond that point, they have little or no data.

I continued to schedule follow ups for over 12 months, and they got very frustrated because they could not get a good reading of refraction - with every blink, my vision was different. With every exam, my myopic regression was a bit worse. Since I had LASIK 4/2000, my eyes have regressed to about -5.

Post-LASIK dry eye is due to the corneal nerves having been cut when the flap was made. The nerves do not ever regenerate beyond about 50% of their original, natural density.

Comment

Working...
                    X