Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinach is good for eyes but bad for rosacea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinach is good for eyes but bad for rosacea?

I've been trying to eat alot of spinach after reading that it is really good for your eyes BUT then last night I read several articles about rosacea triggers, and one is spinach. I was really surprised at that and disappointed considering I have ocular rosacea. Does anyone have thoughts or experiences with spinach? I'm almost to the point where I don't know what I should eat -- other than salmon or tuna.

Now I've heard everything. Why is spinach a no-no? I'm trying to eat dark leafy vegetables, as well, for the vitamin K in particular, which is supposed to be good for rosacea. I think that eating spinach is a good thing, and if I were you, I'd continue to include spinach in your diet.

Comment

Hi Catlover

How odd! I looked up the triggers for Rosacea and some websites do indeed claim that spinach is a culprit - yet I never heard that before.

I thought that spinach protected the eyes from macular degeneration as leafy greens are rich in lutein.

I take it because I tend to get anaemic but my husband takes it just because it's good to have in a diet. Stay with the salmon, tuna and other oily fish but do include fresh vegetables and salads. I don't think they will do you any harm at all.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
        Hi Catlover

How odd! I looked up the triggers for Rosacea and some websites do indeed claim that spinach is a culprit - yet I never heard that before.

I thought that spinach protected the eyes from macular degeneration as leafy greens are rich in lutein.

I take it because I tend to get anaemic but my husband takes it just because it's good to have in a diet. Stay with the salmon, tuna and other oily fish but do include fresh vegetables and salads. I don't think they will do you any harm at all.
        Calcan and Irish Eyes -- thanks for the responses. I agree with ya'll -- I am going to keep eating spinach. The other food that was a rosacea trigger in this article was yogurt and I was like "what????" I need to eat yogurt to keep from getting yeast infections because of the doxy. It seems like there is a downside to everything.

Comment

I know chocolate is a trigger, but that won't stop me.

Best wishes to all,
          Melissa
          pianolady

Comment

Let's all feast on my favorite junk food...Pop Tarts...and see if this will cure our eyes!

If spinach is bad for rosacea......well are we going to go through foods one by one and see what they "cause or cure" and then make up a diet for those deletions and additions? I think the world is so information-hyper that we've lost all common sense. Lucy
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
              Hi Catlover

My dad & aunt both have macular degeneration, and since I'm like both of them, and have LONG had premature gross calcifications, and premature aging (including damaged eyes) due to overexposure to high tech toxins and computers, I've no doubt this horrible condition is in the works for me. That's why I'm desperate for stem cells, and/or perhaps nanobot tech in conjunction with Cosmodic/modific (to root out nanoparticles aka nanobacteria aka microcalcifications). By now I'm skeptical of supplements such as mesoxeaxanthin & so forth. I've been thru too many supplements that just didn't work! I've only found real foods occasionally to be most effective here & there, but forget supplements as far as i'm concerned.
              CHEERIO! HELIO! Dry Eye Minni

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X