This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone here tried ldn??? please reply

has anyone tried ldn therapy and if so has it helped the dry eyes/??
    Jenny

what is ldn therapy?

Comment

Ldn

Hi

LDN stands for low dose naltrexone. It is a med being used for the tx of MS and some autoimmune conditions. It is considered an alternative tx at this point since effectiveness hasn't been proven. I tried it back in 2008 for my Sjogrens. I was lucky living close to NYC since I found a doctor willing to prescribe it relatively easy. Given that it is experimental for these conditions many doctors won't prescribe it. LDN needs to be compounded specially so I was again lucky because the alternative MD I went to worked with a pharmacy in the city to get it to his patients. Not all pharmacies will be willing/able to make it. I was on the drug for a month which is a really short time. I didn't notice any change in my symptoms for better or worse. After a month I gave up on it since I would have to make monthly trips for Rx refills. Use of LDN depends on the person and how easy/hard it is to obtain it.

I wish you all luck whatever you decide.

K
      If life is a bowl of cherries, then why I am I stuck in the pits!

Comment

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
        has anyone tried ldn therapy and if so has it helped the dry eyes/??
        Hi Jenny,

Here's a link about ldn therapy at the dry eye zone.

I hope you find this info helpful.

Pam

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=4569

Comment

I am still on LDN!!!

Hi Jenny and everyone on DEZ,

Yes, it's my 700th day on LDN. You may check the few threads listed above for my experience.

My Sjogren symptoms have improved very much although I did experience a few ups and downs which had me almost lost my faith in LDN. Luckily, I was able to solve my "LDN mysteries" with a few lifestyle changes.

Where I am now: almost complete reversal of salivary gland production and sometimes fluctuating tear film. Having said that, my tear film have improved so much that I can resume a much more normal life that I didn't think was possible nearly 3 years ago.

I have also come to an understanding that LDN is not a cure, its sole purpose is to stop progression and sometimes, few lucky people experience reversal in symptoms. I accept that I will take LDN for the rest of my life and if I don't, the symptoms will come right back.

Given my personal experience, I found that anti-candida diet and anti-fungal treatment are imperative to the success of LDN and if you decide to take the anti-candida diet plunge (can be very difficult and trying!!) LDN actually performs best and most effective.

At first I didn't think my tear film would get as good as my saliva would but after I make a serious effort to deal with my gut issues (candida/yeast problems), LDN was more effective in reversing my eyes. I am a lot more comfortable now and on days that my eyes are not great, I am still able to cope fairly OK. I am no longer depressed or desperate. I am very hopeful again. LDN is a miracle drug for me.

I do encourage those of you with auto-immune disease to try but you must commit yourself to a healthier way of living because personally, I experienced LDN failure when my gut problems were not taken cared of. If you check the LDN forum www.lowdosenaltrexoneforum.com, you shall see important threads on anti-candida protocols before you start LDN!! I highly recommend everybody to consider it. P.S. you will also see my threads on my LDN experiences/queries.

There are now quite a few books out on LDN therapy (check Amazon.com) and there are also a few free LDN e-books out. I plan to contribute my LDN story in a few more months to share with people who are suffering Sjogren's specifically. Til then, please feel free to write me as I may have a few things that I can share with you in terms of what I have learned on the way to my healing,

Cheers,

Chris C

Comment

Thanks Chris for the info. When I click onthe link you provided it says the site doesn't exist?

Also, does a doctor prescribe the LDN for you? If so, what type of doctor? thanks again
            Jenny

Comment

Try typing in the link manually...I think the comma at the end of the link is what's causing the problem

Comment

check the LDN forum for a doctor near you!

I live in Asia so I get the my drug from internet pharmacies. if you live in the states, you should look up the forum for a list of doctors near you. I think compounded med is better than the DIY type (more precise).

I am not totally in the clear or know everything about LDN. I have my daily struggles but LDN is an integral part of my overall healing or rather, control over my Sjogren's and perhaps other AI disases that tend to lurk around especially for immuno compromised patients.

The important thing is to not give up and do what's best for your body and I believe your body will react accordingly.

Best of luck,
                Chris

Comment

Working...
                X