Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've burst a small blood vessell in my eye - continue taking Lotemax (steroids)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've burst a small blood vessell in my eye - continue taking Lotemax (steroids)?

So I burst a small blood vessell in my eye today - no big deal, doesnt hurt, just a smallish red blob in the white of my eye. However, I am currently taking steroid eye drops for my dry eye (Lotemax drops). Would you think I should still take the drops?

Thanks

Call the doctor's office and ask
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Pete

I agree with Rebecca.

I have had to use steroids over the years and though confident using them, I would still contact the local eye department to speak to one of the nurses if anything like this came up.

They may suggest that you call in so that your eye can be checked.

Let's hope it's nothing major.

Comment

Yeah I think you 2 are right, I will get in contact with my eye doctor, thanks!

Comment

I have just come off a two week regimen of Lotemax and was ok with it. I am curious as to how long you had been prescribed th is medication. I am due back to the eye doctor next week and am wondering if he'll have me continue with Lotemax and the antibiotic, Azasite. I am having some improvement and attribute it to the meds, which I hope I can continue.

Thanks.

Originally posted by dryeyepete View Post
          So I burst a small blood vessell in my eye today - no big deal, doesnt hurt, just a smallish red blob in the white of my eye. However, I am currently taking steroid eye drops for my dry eye (Lotemax drops). Would you think I should still take the drops?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X